Table Work Voting

nexusmagic:

I had a few problems with it:

1. I can't say because of exposure. 2. I can't say because of exposure. 3. Same deal as 1 and 2. 4. Just showing the salt shaker is a bit fishy looking. Try gasping, then making a lunging motion with your hand under the table. Then say "I don't know my own strength!" or "Oops! I almost broke it!" Just a sugestion... 5. Taking off your ring then putting it on the other finger looks fishy. 6. First vanish was bad. 7. The second vanish was bad. I found myself wondering why you made that funny motion with your hand. 8. While you hold you hand on the edge of the table it looks funny. 9. What was the end supposed to be? I don't even get why you waved the shaker like that... 10. Poor ending. The magic just stopped without any great climax.

Clever routine man! You just need to clean it up a bit... PM me if you are interested in 1, 2, and 3.

magicman1212:

I have problems with you too:

I was bored up until the end. You should ditch the music and keep us entertained with good patter.

Nexus gets my vote.

Oct 5, 2008
New York
My vote would have to go to Nexusmagic. Although I think that both of them were pretty bad, Nexusmagic was the least bad. At least he had patter, so if this was a live performance there would have been some interest. The first transfer of the coin looked so weird, as no one transfers a coin like that normally. You also repeated the coin penetration way too many times. You should have made the coin go down, and then up. And by the third penetration the spectators would hve figured it out, and would also lose interest. End of story.

Magicman, that was SO boring. I almost voted for nexusmagic without even watching his performance just because I almost fell asleep. If this was a live perfomance, I would feel bad for the spectators. I knew what would happen, but you gotta talk! The trick happened way to slow. The trick doesn't even need a table anyway!

Overall, both of you need to work on your performance.

Nov 10, 2007
My vote would have to go to Nexusmagic. Although I think that both of them were pretty bad, Nexusmagic was the least bad. At least he had patter, so if this was a live performance there would have been some interest. The first transfer of the coin looked so weird, as no one transfers a coin like that normally. You also repeated the coin penetration way too many times. You should have made the coin go down, and then up. And by the third penetration the spectators would hve figured it out, and would also lose interest. End of story.

Magicman, that was SO boring. I almost voted for nexusmagic without even watching his performance just because I almost fell asleep. If this was a live perfomance, I would feel bad for the spectators. I knew what would happen, but you gotta talk! The trick happened way to slow. The trick doesn't even need a table anyway!

Overall, both of you need to work on your performance.

I dont agree with any thing you said. First off you are wrong in saying it was too slow I did it at a perfect speed in which people will agree with me on that. Do not sit here and tell me that my trick was bad my technique was spot on once again people will agree with me on that. Do you think if I was doing this trick to a spectator I would not talk, this is just the way I like to edit my videos without talking OK. I am not meaning to blow up on you but I take a lot of pride in practicing, and pride in my art, I also know I need help on presentation but thats not the way I roll, I like to keep it straight forward magic, of course when I am performing live I talk. NexusMagic I also wanted to say great job on your effect, glad to see you did not perform a card effect as well:)
- Donald

Nov 10, 2008
Upstate NY
I've also got to vote with Nexusmagic.
Because it was the lesser of the two worse.
I'll take patter over music any day, that being said their is a place for music in a preformance, but table work.... I don't think that it belongs their.
Overall I just think Nexusmagic's was better preformed in general.
I didn't think yours was that well practiced, where as I thought magicman's was practiced more. Even though this trick is very basic, you can still put a twist into it, which I thought their was a lack of. I'm a bit upset because you had another minute to put a twist into it.

Knowing how both tricks were done, I can safely disagree with the above poster Magicman, you moves were very good. I was watching closely for each of the moves, and you were pretty good. I do think the start was a bit slow however.

Magicman, I too was very bored with the preformance. Even a little four card flourish... I don't recall the name of it, but it's a flashy move that shows the four cards, without being two flashy. [If that makes sense]
I just though it would have been better to throw in a twist at the end, I knew it was going to appear in the box, as I'm sure any spectator would. It just seemed like a long way to get to it.

I dont agree with any thing you said. First off you are wrong in saying it was too slow I did it at a perfect speed in which people will agree with me on that.

You were a bit slow...

Do not sit here and tell me that my trick was bad my technique was spot on once again people will agree with me on that. Do you think if I was doing this trick to a spectator I would not talk, this is just the way I like to edit my videos without talking OK.

I am not meaning to blow up on you but I take a lot of pride in practicing, and pride in my art, I also know I need help on presentation but thats not the way I roll, I like to keep it straight forward magic, of course when I am performing live I talk. NexusMagic I also wanted to say great job on your effect, glad to see you did not perform a card effect as well:)
- Donald

You didn't even do an effect that needs a table. You might as well have done ThreeFry, and called it a table trick because you picked the coins off of the table at the start.

You are trying to entertain us not the spectators. If you were performing live it would be another story, but you have to keep us happy to get votes since you're doing it for a camera. So you don't want to use your voice? It's still you fault for not picking a trick more suited to music.

In any case you all raised great issues. But I personally love magicman's video only because I love card magic.
Also I couldn't think of anything to perform so I dug up the old coin through table that I haven't performed in 2 years. That was my mistake and really not an excuse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results