TadikoMagic Prologue

Apr 28, 2008
It's great that you've put a video together but in my opinion you've got a lot of work to do. Sorry if anything I say comes across as being harsh but i'm going to be honest, there's no point me saying it's awesome if it isn't just to give you an ego boost.

Firstly, the editing was absolutely ridiculous. Black and white, slow motion, shaky/ blurry effects etc, there's just no need for it, you don't need to try and be Daniel Madison. I'm not completely opposed to these things and I would never say they shouldn't be done just because DM has already used them but there's a time and a place. When you're performing in the living room (probably for family) in an obviously relaxed and not too serious setting all these effects just look stupid, it would be better to just hear you talking.

As for the magic itself, it's hard to really comment because of the editing. The reveal of the corner in Angle Zero was a bit weak, it just wasn't an especially impressive location for it to show up, from a spectators point of view it would be quite easy for you to just drop it there (they're likely to assume you had it hidden on you somewhere).

The silk thing looked OK, I perhaps wouldn't bring it back so soon after vanishing it, it may lead the spectators towards the method (it's likely to make them question if it actually vanished.) Although I don't think this is a major issue.

You need to work on the flourishes more, The Werm was ok, the rest wasn't worth including. Dropping the cards on the floor at the end is getting really old now, just seems like you're trying to look cool.

Your magic might be fine but your editing prevents us from appreciating it and almost made the video unwatchable for me.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results