Tango Half Dollar flipper coin

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
are the tango half dollar flipper coins any good? I want to get a flipper and learn a few things from bobo's, then get 'Flipped Out by Craig Petty', and i want something that will do me good. I know most of you are going to say lassen, or schoolcraft, but honestly i dont see the just in spending over $100 on a fake coin. Also, I dont know who made it, but I bought a scotch and soda set, and when the coins are locked, if you 'clink' it with a coin, or drop it on the table, is sounds literally like your dropping a coin shapped piece of wood, so I dont want anything like that.

also, does any one got any info on the charming chinese challenge? Does it play well for small and larger audiences? Is it fairly easy to learn? I really like Joshua Jays take on it.

thanks,
robby

Sep 15, 2007
Flipper

Tango flipper will work if you learning to use it .
I much prefer my gravity flipper though and have retired my johnson flipper and tango.

About Charming Chinese Challenge. Troy is a friend and I have seen him do this many time for audiences all over the place. He taught the routine to Johua Jay.

From my experience CCC is easy to learn and get's alot of bang for what it is. It is a fun routine where you can really play with your audience. I watched Troy and others for a while before I decided to sit down and leanr the routine though and then learned it from Silver Surf....Troy later added several new sequences and they were easily incorporated into the routine.

What do you want to do with the flipper? I just saw Dean Dill's new video tonight and it has a cool coins accross that reminds me of Coinone.
If you use a shell and the flipper you can do some miracles and won't need to do any of it on a table. Matrix with a flipper is really fun too.
later,
Snorri

P.S. Troy has a new video out on the flipper that is available on his website troyhooser.com. He also sells a flipper coin for $25.

May 3, 2008
Hong Kong
Alright.
Lets get one thing straight, Gimmick coins will hardly if ever sound like a real coin. Any coin man can take two coins, where one of which is a gimmick, flip it and tell you which is the real thing. Most laymen do not notice when you drop a coin and it goes clunk.
I am not a big fan of the Tango Flipper Coin, but I had no choice as my retailer only had that brand. It comes in perfect size, nice and shiny, the gimmick works. It also comes with things to fix it if it breaks. It comes with the most basic of instructions.
I personally only use the flipper coin once in a while. I do not really like the get in of it. Angles are a problem, but its a coin, so you can fix that really easily. The effect is pretty kickass though. I wouldnt go as far to buy so many DVD's on the single coin. Although there are prolly many effects on it, you can probably work them out on your own. They come in magnetic and regular. I use the regular as it doesnt really make a difference.
Over all, the coin itself is well made, the gimmick works well, does its job nicely. Looks like a regular coin, doesnt sound like one though. I dont like the get in of the gimmick, but the effect is good.
If you had to buy a gimmick, i would buy a shell instead. It can almost do the same stuff as a flipper. It wouldnt really break, while a flipper would. It seems more clean than a flipper to me. Its easier to use than a flipper. And it costs less i think. If you are going to buy a shell. Never buy the Tango one or the Sasco ones. They are too loose. A little shake and it falls off. Buy Dean Dill's or the Roy Kuepper ones. They fit perfectly.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I have a (unfortunately) tango shell for english pennies, but i have never performed with it.

Snorri, search up that dvd, flipped out by craig petty on youtube, and watch the trailer. I really like the trick at the end that he performs all the way through. It's rare that I find coin effects that I like (even though coin magic is my favourite) but this dvd really caught my eye. I also like the sounds of a book called matrix gods way by john b. brown. coin matrix are my favourite, but I havent been able to find a no gimmicked, no card, bare handed one.

May 24, 2008
Tango has recently released a gravity flipper very similar to the schoolcraft one. I am interested to see if the quality is any good.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results