The is something BLAZING in here.

Feb 12, 2010
Moscow, RU
There is something BLAZING in here.

Hello there. My name is Daniel Dad, and i think i created something interesting.
It's a principle that allows you to reveal anything on any paper with fire. I call it BLAZE.

As some of you maybe have seen, i've released a demo video of it in Sat.Night contest. If you have not, here it is — http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wDosQbSZfI.

I got inspiration on it within d+M BURN book. The idea was to take almost the same effects and make them VISUAL and in spectators hands.

I thought on some of the applications of this principle:

...spectators name appears on a selected playing card
...your contact details appear on a blank business card
...playing card visually changes itself in spectators hands
...burn marks in the shape of a playing card appear on a blank piece of paper
...blank card transforms itself to a "thought-of" card
...image of a thought object appears on a piece of paper

It's invisible, versatile, agile, stunning, in-the-hands effect.

It uses no chemicals or special liquids.

If you guys have some ideas, criticism, questions or opinions — please share them here.

From Russia with love — Daniel Dad.

UPDATE: I remastered the video a bit – added a piece of live performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jul 1, 2009
Austin,TX
I will like to see a performance of this. I mean a real performance not clips of you performing.

Really looks great.

Feb 12, 2010
Moscow, RU
I will like to see a performance of this. I mean a real performance not clips of you performing.

Really looks great.

i've done it live. and i got VERY good reactions.
the bad point — if i shoot it live, the clip will be in Russian.
subtitles, anyone?)

Nov 10, 2007
i've done it live. and i got VERY good reactions.
the bad point — if i shoot it live, the clip will be in Russian.
subtitles, anyone?)

I don't if this is the sampe pricinciple or not, but just so you are aware there is something out the called the Spirit Pen, that accomplishes the same thing, anything appears on apiece of paper what ever when heated up, and then once put in the freezer it dissappears, I think it was something like that.

Feb 12, 2010
Moscow, RU
I don't if this is the sampe pricinciple or not, but just so you are aware there is something out the called the Spirit Pen, that accomplishes the same thing, anything appears on apiece of paper what ever when heated up, and then once put in the freezer it dissappears, I think it was something like that.

no. burn marks are permanent, and self-made gaffs (we are not kids anymore, do we? ;) ) are almost invisible.

Feb 12, 2010
Moscow, RU
hey guys. i'm just interested – how do you really release tricks in the "magic world"? is somebody interested in helping me releasing this effect out?

is it really worth it? would you buy it?

Jv

Jan 11, 2008
hey guys. i'm just interested – how do you really release tricks in the "magic world"? is somebody interested in helping me releasing this effect out?

is it really worth it? would you buy it?

Well first, you have to perfect the effect, and perform it to a real live audience for hundreds and thousands of performances-that way you know if the effect is a real worker.

You also have to see if it's good enough to be released, and if magicians are interested in it, as well (but this doesn't go for everything).

And if it doesn't get accepted by any company, release it yourself! ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results