The Spring

This is probably,

The biggest 'Noob' question ever posted upon this site, so be warned.

My Spring fan consists of holding the deck with thumb in the bottom left corner, middle in the top right and index as support, and the fan will arch in a way where the middle of the deck is slightly pushed down.

Now, in every single video I have seen, the deck should infact have the middle pushed up.

When I try to do this, either nothing happens, or a massive chunk just falls horribly.

Now my spring is great, and I can get a really big height, but doing things like the pressure fan I am totally confused as to how this should work.

Any help?

Perhaps that I have been doing my springs like this for so long, isnt helping.

Cheers,
Matty

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Hey Matt,

You're right - a spring should have the middle arched upwards rather than downwards. If you then release the cards with the right amount of pressure, the cards should spring out. I think it's just a matter of time, really, if you play around with it a little - just like fans and whatnot, it's just something you get a feel for. I believe that technically, springing like you do is an Anaconda (?).

Nov 24, 2007
The description you give of what you do sounds more like what is commonly known as a "dribble", or an "Anaconda dribble" (like praetoritevong says), than what is commonly known as a "spring". Jerry C has an extensive section on springing cards in The Encyclopedia of Card Flourishes; he calls the "dribble" a sleight, and not a flourish, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 8, 2007
Yeah.

A dribble is when you bend the cards up, and spring is where you bend the cards down.

Not really BEND, but you get the point.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results