Theory11 Tricks

Dec 31, 2007
Massachusetts
Just a recommendation for any staff/mod who is reading this about the forums.
Like PenguinMagic's forum, shouldn't after we have bought an effect have our own private trick discussion forum with people who have already bought the trick?

For example: Say I just purchases TNR by Mathieu Bich, there would be a private discussion forum with other buyers of TNR so we could all talk about it, give tips about it, and maybe even share performances/and/or routines *_*

Just a thought ^_^
Brian

Jan 6, 2008
Seattle
www.darklock.com
Like PenguinMagic's forum, shouldn't after we have bought an effect have our own private trick discussion forum with people who have already bought the trick?

We discuss effects here all the time, without exposure and without difficulty, whether they were purchased here or not. I don't see why that needs to be changed.

Penguin has a financial interest in this. If you buy the effect anywhere except Penguin, you don't get access to the forum, so you have to keep buying all your effects from Penguin. It helps them retain customers.

Theory 11 effects aren't available anywhere else. No competition. No profit motive.

So the next question is whether this would be good for the community, and it wouldn't. Clique formation is the enemy of community development. Making a special little inner circle of people who buy from Theory11 will not make the community stronger. It will simply allow those who buy Theory11 effects to identify others who buy Theory11's effects... and discriminate against them.

Which is inevitable. It's human nature. Magicians, more than anyone else, know full well that you can't fight human nature - because we've all watched another magician use a misdirection technique that we know and use ourselves, and we've fallen for it all the same.

My two cents. I don't make the rules, and the people who do may disagree. ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results