TnR by Mathieu Bich : See the Teaser

Sep 1, 2007
Is it just me? or did Chris sort of suck at the effect?

PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!

That sort of killed it for me. I don't know why but I did not like the way it was performed. It felt rushed. Also, is there another trailer coming out for it that shows the whole effect? tearing and everything?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just me? or did Chris sort of suck at the effect?

PLEASE DON'T HURT ME!

That sort of killed it for me. I don't know why but I did not like the way it was performed. It felt rushed. Also, is there another trailer coming out for it that shows the whole effect? tearing and everything?

I thought it looked pretty nice.

Also...it really doesn't matter how Mr Kenner performed / performs it.
You can perform it any way you want.

Rabid

Sep 1, 2007
I thought it looked pretty nice.

Also...it really doesn't matter how Mr Kenner performed / performs it.
You can perform it any way you want.

Rabid

Yea I know, it's just that when it first came up, I was watching it. And it looked good, but the first restore does not seem "magical" to me. It looks like there is just glue on the other side and he is pressing the card down on it so it will stick.

but then they way they turned the card around, seems like they where hiding something, but then they say it ends clean. So I'm really confused.

also, I know I already asked this, but I want to make sure someone sees it. IS there going to be another trailer that shows the tearing of the card and all?

Oct 21, 2007
If you are complaining about the effect, just stop.

The trick has not even been released.
If you did not like the way the trick was preformed then buy the DVD/Download
and make the trick in your style.

I wasn't very impressed with TnR. For one reason. The restoration itelf was AWESOME, but the transformation.....not so much. One of the first things that pops into a spectators mind during a torn and restored effect is "Well, there must be another card." People tell me this all the time when I perform Torn by Daniel Garcia. When i'm finished, they're amazed, but the first thing they say is "There's gotta be another card somewhere, cuz that's impossible!." And when you perform TnR, they could be thinking the same thing. While you're restoring the card, they could be thinking to themselves "Ok, where's the other card?". Then when you're finished doing the restoration, and you show the card has transformed, it almost confirms to them that there was another card. Just my thoughts, I could be completely wrong. But the restoration was amazing. So smooth looking!

Tony Blake

I wasn't very impressed with TnR. For one reason. The restoration itelf was AWESOME, but the transformation.....not so much. One of the first things that pops into a spectators mind during a torn and restored effect is "Well, there must be another card." People tell me this all the time when I perform Torn by Daniel Garcia. When i'm finished, they're amazed, but the first thing they say is "There's gotta be another card somewhere, cuz that's impossible!." And when you perform TnR, they could be thinking the same thing. While you're restoring the card, they could be thinking to themselves "Ok, where's the other card?". Then when you're finished doing the restoration, and you show the card has transformed, it almost confirms to them that there was another card. Just my thoughts, I could be completely wrong. But the restoration was amazing. So smooth looking!

Tony Blake
Well if you notice when Chris performs it, he shows the face of each piece to be the Ace of Spades. This is something that you could really emphasizing in your performance and then shock the hell out of them when the Ace of Spades image that was just beaten into their heads is no more.

But to each his own. When the reviews come in we'll see if there's a way to do it without the transpo, or if yo can have it so the card transposes to the same card you were restoring (so to the spectators it looks like the card was simply transformed).

Tony Blake

I agree completely. But as BlueBackedBikes said I don't think you have to transform the card into a different card (different suit and value that is) in the end. But once we have figured out that we do not want the transformation at the end we have to ask ourselves why do we need this new torn and restored card effect when we have so many others? :confused:

Aug 31, 2007
I agree completely. But as BlueBackedBikes said I don't think you have to transform the card into a different card (different suit and value that is) in the end. But once we have figured out that we do not want the transformation at the end we have to ask ourselves why do we need this new torn and restored card effect when we have so many others? :confused:

Because the restorations are so open and clean! That's my reason for wanting it any way...

Sep 1, 2007
At the end, Chris Kenner is shown holding the queen, but here's the tricky part: His hand is covering the last quarter to be added in. Coincidence?

You most be the worst heckler, if you look closely you can see that he is not covering all of it.....

Because the restorations are so open and clean! That's my reason for wanting it any way...

Understandable, however the same thing could be said of TORN.

The restorations are all open and clean (one could argue that over the third one if that person wanted to be really, really picky...but I'm not gonna') and they're all astonishing.

I look forward to the reviews on this new one though...they'll drag everything out into the open.

Rabid

Nov 20, 2007
Looks good, have to have

It looks great I cant wait to get this video I have used 4 different Torn & restored methods over the years and I really like the look of this one.:D

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results