Triple Thought Revelation

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
If you know about the Chad Nelson trick wherein three spectators look at a card and it turns out to be a different card for each spectator then my version is the opposite of that trick.
I've no idea if this effect has been published somewhere but it is used a lot with a Svengali deck.

Basically three spectators each pick a card and lose it in the deck, in the end it turns out they were thinking of the same card. My problem is, i don't know how to reveal this. I know that for maximum impact, each person should be somehow involved in the revelation but what i do after the final person has seen the card i haven't a clue. Any ideas people?

Sep 1, 2007
I believe Kostya Kimlat has the same effect published in one of his lecture notes... Not quite sure which at the moment though.

Oct 11, 2007
Somehow get all 3 guys side-by-side and then pretend to find 3 cards. When you have the cards out: give the real one to the middle guy and give the 2 outside guys cards that have a face that says "look to the middle" Have them all look at their cards at the same time and they will flip!

-emagician

May 21, 2009
Have them stand infront of you. Set the card facedown on the table. Ask them one by one to name the card. Have one of them turn over the card.

That may work, but having them name the card one by one takes away from the suspense. Keep in mind that they do not know what is going to happen, and genuinely think they have different cards. In this revelation, after the first person names their card the trick is done. My preffered way is Oz Pearlman's way. He simply tells them to, on three, name their card. It's human nature to say things a certain way, so usually if they don't hesitate, they end up saying the card exactly synchronized. (I find this actually works better with girls than with boys.) They then look at each other and usually there's alot of laughs. I don't preffer to use this trick in my performance, but if I did, i would definetely use this Oz's revelation.

May 21, 2009
Somehow get all 3 guys side-by-side and then pretend to find 3 cards. When you have the cards out: give the real one to the middle guy and give the 2 outside guys cards that have a face that says "look to the middle" Have them all look at their cards at the same time and they will flip!

-emagician

Ha! that's great, never thought of that.

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
but if I did, i would definetely use this Oz's revelation.

Yeah i saw that but thought maybe do something a bit different. To be fair, it seems to be the best revelation out there so i might have to steal it until i come up with something better.

Have them stand infront of you. Set the card facedown on the table. Ask them one by one to name the card. Have one of them turn over the card.

How is that exciting or original in any way? Plus you end up revealing it to all after the first person says it.

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
I think it would work quite well if you were performing for more than those three. To an actual audience there would be a lot of suspense. For the three there would still be the suspense of turning over the card.

On the other hand, if you were just performing for those three, even I will say that is a bad revelation.

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
I'd probably ask them to write their card down on a piece of paper and ask them all to put it on the table at the same time.

Yeah thats not bad. A bit like the shouting out thing but with a bit more "drama" added to it. Thanks for the suggestions everyone.

Jul 2, 2008
Sankey has something like this in hemispheres. He has three people select cards, and name them at the same time. They all name the same card, and he says "well that can't be, because that's the one card I always k eep safe in my pocket", while producing it from the pocket.

May 13, 2008
St Albans, UK
That Sankey thing sounds fantastic. Add a little wallet and ham it up even more and you've got a real Brown-esque sledgehammer of mentalism.

Aug 24, 2008
Greece
Sankey has something like this in hemispheres. He has three people select cards, and name them at the same time. They all name the same card, and he says "well that can't be, because that's the one card I always k eep safe in my pocket", while producing it from the pocket.

the trick is called "Group Hypnosis" and yes, it is a great effect.with descent patter and with the use of orces that made sense in term of patter it would kill. if you can also psychologically force a card then you can make it even stronger ......ok i admit being in love with psycological techniques.....

George

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results