Two card Monte and Angels

cleanentertainer

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2010
Here is an older video of me performing angels on the street for two teenagers. For those who have seen my other performance of angels, please let me know if this performance is any better. I also at the beginning perform two card monte as a warm up.
[video=youtube;QZcVUSJ_YmY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QZcVUSJ_YmY[/video]

Dec 26, 2009
Ok I stopped watching this video at 1:12 to comment on your 2 card monte. When people ask me to see a "magic trick" I always show my 2 card monte. It is one of my favorite tricks and always gets killer reactions. So, I am going to give you a few pointers.

First off I feel like you are trying to use Blaines patter and rushing through and forgetting most of it. I am not going to jump your butt for trying to use Blaines patter because that is where I started too. What I am going to mention is you asking if he was familiar with a deck of cards then saying his card is the queen of spades. Don't ask him anything about the cards. Just go straight into it and tell him you are going to show him a trick using the queen of spades (have him pinch the queen) and the queen of clubs.

Next thing, when you switch him cards, you need to find a more smooth way of going about it. You also took a step back to hide "the move". Don't do that! What you want to do is take the queen you have in your hand and use it to point at the card he is holding and say, "without looking what queen do you have?" When you use that card to point to his card his attention goes straight to his card. That is when you stand right in front of him and you do "the move" and he is busy wondering what card he is holding.

Now you have nothing more to do but the reveal. Which, in my opinion you did backwards (and hits much harder if you do it the way I am going to tell you). You pulled the queens from your pocket showed them then had him turn his cards over to show the aces. A better way to do it is to have him turn his cards over first, let him react and set up to reveal the queens in your pocket, give a couple seconds then reveal the queens to be in your back pocket. You can even show him before revealing the queens in your pocket that the queens arent even in the deck and spread the cards in front of him then pull them from your pocket.

One other really big help will be to practice with no one around. The best way for me to do it was to have the pages of a book pinch the cards and act as the spec.

I hope you take this as constructive feedback and not me running you down because I am only trying to give you a few tips.

Last edited by a moderator:

cleanentertainer

Elite Member
Nov 28, 2010
Ok I stopped watching this video at 1:12 to comment on your 2 card monte. When people ask me to see a "magic trick" I always show my 2 card monte. It is one of my favorite tricks and always gets killer reactions. So, I am going to give you a few pointers.

First off I feel like you are trying to use Blaines patter and rushing through and forgetting most of it. I am not going to jump your butt for trying to use Blaines patter because that is where I started too. What I am going to mention is you asking if he was familiar with a deck of cards then saying his card is the queen of spades. Don't ask him anything about the cards. Just go straight into it and tell him you are going to show him a trick using the queen of spades (have him pinch the queen) and the queen of clubs.

Next thing, when you switch him cards, you need to find a more smooth way of going about it. You also took a step back to hide "the move". Don't do that! What you want to do is take the queen you have in your hand and use it to point at the card he is holding and say, "without looking what queen do you have?" When you use that card to point to his card his attention goes straight to his card. That is when you stand right in front of him and you do "the move" and he is busy wondering what card he is holding.

Now you have nothing more to do but the reveal. Which, in my opinion you did backwards (and hits much harder if you do it the way I am going to tell you). You pulled the queens from your pocket showed them then had him turn his cards over to show the aces. A better way to do it is to have him turn his cards over first, let him react and set up to reveal the queens in your pocket, give a couple seconds then reveal the queens to be in your back pocket. You can even show him before revealing the queens in your pocket that the queens arent even in the deck and spread the cards in front of him then pull them from your pocket.

One other really big help will be to practice with no one around. The best way for me to do it was to have the pages of a book pinch the cards and act as the spec.

I hope you take this as constructive feedback and not me running you down because I am only trying to give you a few tips.
Thank you so much same for your feedback and taking your time to do it! I really appreciate it, and will definitely take your advice.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results