Vector by Patrick Kun

Nov 3, 2010
Hey guys Vector is a great Impromptu Haunted Deck by Patrick Kun. no threads, no hook ups , no magnets, no gaffs and no reels. This effect is completely impromptu and it's an instant reset ! This product is produced by Ellusionist.

Summary: A card is selected and placed into the middle of the deck . The deck is layed on the palm of your hand and instantly the deck cuts itself and their selection shoots out from the middle of the deck.

Rating of Effect: Patrick has worked very hard on this effect and he has made this effect the perfect impromptu effect. 10 out of 10

Quality of the video: Patrick Kun's effect is shot in clear HD.

Teaching: Patrick teaches this effect very well he goes over each step in regular time and in slow motion. This video also gives you multiple angles and close up teaching to help you learn this impromptu haunted deck a lot faster. Teaching is 10 out of 10.

Difficulty: The difficulty of this effect is at the intermediate level. The sleights in this effect is not that hard , if you practice this for about a month you should be able to perform it in no time.

Credits: The crediting for this effect is very good . Patrick tells you who inspired him to do the effect and where some of the sleights generated from the crediting is also stated in the more info section on the Ellusionist page.

This is a great effect i recommend all magicians to take a look at this effect. Awesome haunted deck well done Patrick!

PatrickKun

Elite Member
Sep 1, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
www.patrickkun.com
He did. I saw.

If they're looking from below they might see the method. In the trailer Patrick just likes to get really low for some reason.

When I perform this I always go down to the floor because when the card shoot, it will shoot out nicely. It's like Static you need some table or surface for the card to slide. It makes the effect better. Of course, I can do this stand up too.

Oct 4, 2022
I am interested in getting this. Since it requires no gimmicks, loops etc. I assume it is just instructions. I have two questions. (1) Is it above the level of a beginning, zero-level magician or learnable in a reasonable amount of time even for a novice? (2) I cannot find it online at Penguin etc., and have only found it for about a dollar at (redacted for pirated content) as well as at ellusionist for about $5. It seems odd that such a nice effect would be available in so few places and for $1. I assume Ellusionist is a legit copy from which Patrick will (rightly) profit, and the other two might be illegit. I'd rather pay the $5. But what gives? Why is it so hard to find if it's such a cool effect?

Last edited by a moderator:

ID4

Aug 20, 2010
It’s hard to find because Ellusionist bought the rights to it. However if you pay $2.95 more you can purchase the Patrick Kun’s at the table live lecture (Murphy’s Magic) which includes vector & 6 other effects and 2 moves. It is available as a download from vanishing inc.

Feb 23, 2024
I also found this item on (redacted for pirated content)
I've purchased from this site a few times and never had a problem so far.

MichaelPenkul

Elite Member
I also found this item on (redacted for pirated content)
I've purchased from this site a few times and never had a problem so far.
Marilyn I would recommend not using that site or even sharing it; it's an illegitimate site selling copies of magic tricks; none of your money is going to the actual creators, and instead is funding the people who rip and resell magic tricks.
When an old effect is hard to find like this, it's best to reach out to the creator who I'm sure will always be happy to help you source a copy. In this case, ID4 a couple of posts before you, has a vanishinginc link to Patrick Kun's live lecture, which includes vector; that link still works, and more importantly, you're supporting Patrick legitimately with it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results