Walk around ROUTINES

Feb 16, 2015
Hey guys,

So I have been getting into doing walk around gigs at parties and weddings. All of which is cool but I am burning through my material pretty fast.

I currently do a lot of card stuff. Here is my current routine:

Repeat card to mouth
2 card monte
Ambitious card
Wack my pack
stand up monte
Omni deck
ACAAN
Reverse engineering
CIPHER

The order varies.

I am looking for some more material with or without cards. I just need a few more tricks to have in my bank just in case.

I would really love some suggestions of either your favourite routines, books or DVD’s, downloads that work in walk around situations.

I have heard ‘Murray Mint’ and ‘Real Coin Magic’ are good. I need to look into Benjamin Earl in general.

Thanks guys

Oct 4, 2017
I ended up picking up Odyssey recently and have gotten excellent reactions with it. Very very easy to carry literally at all times.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Without being fairly familiar with your style of performance and character, along with what you've already studied, it's very difficult to give any decent recommendations.

May 12, 2017
This isn't something I've done yet, but I'm thinking about combining CIPHER with iTime Rewind. Like after you've unlocked their phone, you perform iTime with it. Think that should work pretty well. However, I haven't actually tested this in real life, haven't even tested out iTime yet...

Jul 26, 2016
Tim, it appears your repertoire is heavily weighted with card effects. I love card magic too, but people generally want to experience a variety of magic, not just cards. For walk-around, here are a few suggestions of tricks you might want to consider adding: (1) 3 Rope Trick (Professor's Nightmare, it's popular with audiences); (2) Mismade Bill (another popular trick. All you need is a TT and a mismade bill and to learn a good bill switch if you don't already know one, packs small, plays big); (3) Copper, Silver, Brass Transposition (Very magical - I recommend the Johnson's set. Not cheap, but well worth it).

Feb 16, 2015
Tim, it appears your repertoire is heavily weighted with card effects. I love card magic too, but people generally want to experience a variety of magic, not just cards. For walk-around, here are a few suggestions of tricks you might want to consider adding: (1) 3 Rope Trick (Professor's Nightmare, it's popular with audiences); (2) Mismade Bill (another popular trick. All you need is a TT and a mismade bill and to learn a good bill switch if you don't already know one, packs small, plays big); (3) Copper, Silver, Brass Transposition (Very magical - I recommend the Johnson's set. Not cheap, but well worth it).

Hi, yes that is exactly what I thought. I just don't know what is any good.

I am from the UK and I don't think there are many missmade bills around for UK money. Also we are getting new bills in which don't fold very well.

I don't think I am going to walk around with rope in my pocket it feels a bit weird.

I will have a look at that set. I hadn't thought of a copper-silver routine.

Thank you, that is exactly what I needed.

Aug 25, 2017
Pittsburgh, PA
I actually have a presentation coming up for a Christmas party in which they are expecting “card tricks” based on the fact that I’m more known for card magic.

This can be pulled off but as stated, most people want to experience more. Card tricks become a little boring after a while. Try to mix it up. Possibly some mental magic based around cards wouldn’t be bad, if you really want to stick mostly to cards. Just think of various ways to present things to make it a bit more entertaining to them so they don’t feel like it’s one card trick after another.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results