Was Charles Manson a Mentalist?

Oct 2, 2022
Here are some quotes from the story surrounding infamous American mass murderer Charlie Manson. Does it not sound like he was employing Mentalist tactics?

--"When I first met Charlie, he walked up and said 'Let me run your life down' and he did. It just kinda blew my mind. He said I had been in jail since I was 14; knew I was at McClaren (Juvenile) Hall; knew I was AWOL. I don't know how he knew."

-- "We've seen him do, you know, what people call supernatural things. We saw him bring a bird back to life. We've seen him jump over things that no human being could jump over, all kinds of things."

--"Well, before when he put his motions in with it, all he had to do was start his motions and it's like, I would immediately turn on like a computer. Like, the button would be clicked and I'd become whatever machine or whatever tape was playing at the time."

--"(Trejo) said (Manson) had hypnotic powers.
“That was the dude’s trick,” Danny said. “He survived inside by getting people high just talking to them. " "

--"Later that night I watched cards, coins, and cigarettes disappear and reappear, slipping through his(Manson's) fingers. Not only did the tricks capture my awe, but his showmanship and spirit did too."

Are you familiar with the tricks Manson was using? Could he have taught himself these tricks by reading a book, or would he have had professional instruction?

Reactions: Eliyahu
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results