Ways to vanish a card without backpalm

strudles

Elite Member
Oct 8, 2013
Oakton, Virginia
I want to learn how to vanish a single card away from the deck without the use of a backpalm (since I am 14 years old, my small hands don't help). I saw someone on youtube (sorry, but the name of the video escapes me) that seemed to vanish a card using a move similar to the flipstick move, and it looked very good. That vanish, in particular, is what I want to learn but don't know the name of. Thanks!

Jun 2, 2013
I don't know what conditions you are talking about when you say you want to vanish a card. If you want it such that you are only holding a card, then having it vanish, I'd say you need either a thumb tip or a palm (tenkai/backpalm). If you are doing card manipulation, check out Jeff Sheridan's stuff.

strudles

Elite Member
Oct 8, 2013
Oakton, Virginia
Hand size really has nothing to do with it. Max Malini had tiny hands.

My hands are small enough that, when I try to do a backpalm, the card is visibly crimped down the center. I'm not trying to be one of those people who blame their lack of practice on small hands, (this is not to say that I am good at all), just that this particular vanish looked very cool to me, and I am uncomfortable having to bend my cards for a backpalm.

Jul 22, 2013
California
Well, nobody's going to reveal Thricycle to you... It is the brainchild of Zach, and not ours to put out there. I will say that they are not very practical, but quite fun. If you are looking to perform these anywhere ecept in front of a camera, it is not the download for you. if you are just looking for some fun stuff for in the mirror, get a book, buy the download, or just work on making up your own vanishes (chances are they already exist, but still). This is not a forum for people to abuse after they see a cool trick on Youtube.

Aug 13, 2009
What about the snap deal from Lennert Green! (Lateral Palm)

You can do it also with only one Card! You put it on the table and it`s gone, you misdirect with the other Hand and lap the Card!

strudles

Elite Member
Oct 8, 2013
Oakton, Virginia
Well, nobody's going to reveal Thricycle to you... It is the brainchild of Zach, and not ours to put out there. I will say that they are not very practical, but quite fun. If you are looking to perform these anywhere ecept in front of a camera, it is not the download for you. if you are just looking for some fun stuff for in the mirror, get a book, buy the download, or just work on making up your own vanishes (chances are they already exist, but still). This is not a forum for people to abuse after they see a cool trick on Youtube.

I didn't want it to be taught, I just wanted to know the name of the vanish so I could look it up. I didn't know that Zach invented it in thricycle, I just thought he used an already made vanish. Sorry.

Nov 30, 2013
Hilliard, OH
Idk about Zach Mueller inventing that trick. I've seen it before also, and before Thricycle. All it is, is a snap change with one card. You are snapping back like you would in a snap change, but putting it almost in a tenkai position, but not quite. You can get Thricycle, if you want to see that move on video, because it is the only tutorial I know of, but it's pretty self explanatory. Idk what that move is called, but yeah. Hope this helps!

- Billy

Apr 17, 2013
Idk about Zach Mueller inventing that trick. I've seen it before also, and before Thricycle. All it is, is a snap change with one card. You are snapping back like you would in a snap change, but putting it almost in a tenkai position, but not quite. You can get Thricycle, if you want to see that move on video, because it is the only tutorial I know of, but it's pretty self explanatory. Idk what that move is called, but yeah. Hope this helps!

- Billy

please do not expose on the forum.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results