What Are Flourishes For?

Dec 28, 2007
Hey i got a question what are flourishes used for and what do they do? why should i learn alota fansy flourishes are they just for looks?

Sep 3, 2007
Canada, Quebec
Hey i got a question what are flourishes used for and what do they do? why should i learn alota fansy flourishes are they just for looks?

Hmm, I guess it's pretty much the same as asking what dancing or figureskating used for...

Besides, you don't need to learn it if you don't like it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 11, 2008
New york
Yes its for looks. and yes like dancing and figure skating if your not the one doing it it can sometimes be boring to watch. its not for everyone.

...what are flourishes used for and what do they do? why should i learn alota fansy flourishes are they just for looks?

To answer your question simply: it's not just about the 'look'. For most of us, we practice flourishes for the dexterity and the feeling of self-accomplishment that the challenge brings (by having achieved something you worked hard for).

Granted, it may be seen as a 'waste' since very few make real earnings from it, but it is a fabulous way of gaining dexterity and feeling confident with your handling. Of course, if I were given the choice to perform either flourishes or magic, I would go with the latter without a second's thought. However, it is nice to be able to mess around with either when you feel like it -- and it is also a nice way to gain attention before a performance. :)

That's my view,
Jordan

Sep 2, 2007
Denmark
I'm not very good at flourishing but i still think it's fun to practise.. Whenever i can, i grab a deck and start practising.. So to me it's just a way to spend time, and i rarely perform flourishes for other people.. Just for myself and for fun.

:)

/Christian

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
You not being a flourisher makes you the wrong person to be asking this question.

That makes no sense... it's a paradox. Only a non-flourisher can ask that question. Flourishers know what they do it for. He doesn't and wants to hear our opinion.

Well here's my two cents:
Flourisher are fun to do and eye-catching. They look cool and build up your finger muscles and dexterity. Be warned though - it's highly addictive, like cocaine or something.

Cheers,
Shanku

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results