What book to move onto next?

What book to move onto next?

• Memorandum by Wood Aragon

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Another book you find a must read before these publications- Please post yours in the comments!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Aug 2, 2018
Buffalo
Hello everyone,

I have another good conversation starter today and want your opinion on what book I should dive into next. Saying that, as of now I have the entire Aronson stack memorized and I am around half way there with Juan Martinez's Mnemonica Stack. There is 3-4 books I have read somewhat- but I never got very far just because I thought I was diving to far and into way to many books at once. So my questions is to read Woody Argon's Memorandum book, Juan's Mnemonica (bewitched Music 2), Mathematical Card Magic by Colm Mulcahy. They are all similar books with stacked decks but I can't set my mind on where to start. All input and feedback will be greatly appreciated! Also I did get Juan's new book which I am so excited to read- if anyone has dove deep into it please leave feedback on how advanced it is vs his other books he has published.

Cheers!

Jeff

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
I think you mean Juan Tamariz?

I'm not familiar with most of those books but generally speaking - figuring out what you intend to do will tell you the next book you should study, because you study the one that teaches you how to do what you want to do. If they're all super similar and you're just intending to gather knowledge, start with Mnemonica as Juan's work is excellent.

Aug 2, 2018
Buffalo
I did mean tamariz sorry lol and no I haven't read bound to please but i did just get that book off Ebay for a very cheap price.

Jun 9, 2008
Principia by Harapan Ong is very creative and refreshing book. Comes with a small pack of gaffed cards that are used in some of the tricks and a link to all the performances in the book. He’s a high school physics teacher and very good teacher in general. Amazing book.

Apr 3, 2019
Mnemonica has lots and lots of material, and I feel like Juan Tamariz's ideas are helpful irrespective of your level. That being said, I personally feel like you should know that the stuff you learn is rather contrived. If you're looking for out of the world poker demonstrations, spelling tricks, acaan, etc, it's worth it. I always have my deck set up in Mnemonica, as I can ask spectators to simply name a card and can do a pass to control it. This is something I learned from David Blaine's performances. However, if you're looking for new techniques and routines, I'd suggest looking elsewhere.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results