What did you all think of In & Of Itself?

Jan 2, 2016
California
Hey guys! It's been awhile since I've posted anything! Anyway, I was curious as to what everyone who has watched it thinks of Derek Delgaudio's In & Of Itself.

I haven't had the chance to watch it yet but I've heard mixed opinions from magicians with some saying that it's a masterpiece while others saying it feels pretentious, forced, or full of itself.

What did you guys think? Have you seen it live? Those of you who have seen it live as well as the Hulu release, how did the two compare?

Jan 8, 2019
It believe it will, and I do not exaggerate, go down down as one of the most poignant artistic performances in history. I don't remember who said this, or the exact wording, but I heard someone say that "the most common reaction to In and Of Itself is sitting still for 10 minutes with tears in your eyes after the movie is done." It's that good. This show is one of the few performances, magical or otherwise, that transcends its art. The message that this show tries to tell is so well constructed that even though you don't really know what the message is until the very end, everything you saw becomes clear. It is, as Michael O'Brien said, probably the best magic show you will ever see.

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
Just finished watching it and do not regret it. Very emotional and intelligent documentary.... He could have omitted the card stuff and it still would have been as touching and great without it. Way to go rouletista!!!

Reactions: Antonio Diavolo
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results