Who Invented Double Lift?

Dec 19, 2007
Italy ,Milano
this is a question that i have never found an answer...
who is the genious that ivented the DL?? Anyone can help me?

sorry for my english i'm italian :D

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
It was first published in a book, called, I think "The Secrets of Witchcrafte" or something along those lines, called, "How to Change the Top Card Into Another". Those aren't exact quotes, but they are close. By the way, this was in like the 1700s.

Aug 31, 2007
UK
It was invented by an english magician who's name is Richard Neve, he invented it in the 1700's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 2, 2007
London
Just to add some bonus information, Dai Vernon and Doctor Daley were the ones who brought the move into common usage, and the term "double-lift" was invented by Annemann.

Aug 31, 2007
Hartford, CT
Well, I invented the Unquinquagenuple Lift, for those times you don't want your spectator to see the bottom card.....

I think someone already invented the Duoquinquagenuple Lift, though...........

...sorry, I couldn't resist... :D

Last edited by a moderator:
It was invented by an english magician who's name is Richard Neve, he invented it in the 1700's.

Farrell is correct, but just to elaborate a little more: Richard Neve was the first to introduce an idea of removing two cards as one from the deck and displaying them. He published his findings in The Merry Companion (1716) - to which he also published along with the ”Ambitious Card”-plot. Good ol' Neve! :)

Jordan

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results