Worlds Best Magician

towtox

Banned
Sep 4, 2010
Calgary Ab
who do u think is or was the best magician i think houdini or blaine ( UR OPINION ON THE WORLDS BEST AND I KNOW HOUDINI WAS AN ESCAPIST BUT I STILL COUT HIM AS A MAGICAIN BECAUSE MANY ESACAPE ARTISTS DO MAGIC EX:CRISS ANGEL)

Last edited by a moderator:
Aug 27, 2008
Tijuana bC
lol...this is not gonna get alot of support from people here saying things like "how can you measure this blah blah blah" or "theres no way to know they are all good in their own blah blah blah" but I for one will play along... I would say Derren Brown just because of the amount of twist he puts on everything, specialy his live shows....

Dec 23, 2007
Fredonia, NY
and i quote "houdini didn't do magic, he did escapes" (<--- i have no idea if thats the exact wording but i wanted to say "and i quote" and i see the irony of putting that in quotes as well)

i would say though that houdini wasn't a magician per say or at least thats not what he was famous for. The best magician in my opinion would be generational. In the past 100 years, probably The Professor, although its a tight race, in the last 10 years id probably go with Ammar or Homer Liwag. Both have a diverse repertoire and create magic out of everyday situations with everyday objects. I would also like to mention Danny for creating some amazing pieces of magic in the last decade and being one of the most entertaining guys to be around let alone see perform and Houchin for his creations and great performances. I just think Garcia and Houchin's creations overshadow their performances as magicians. Although with wayne... its pretty close.

edit- first, if your trying to use a metaphor for an escape artist and magician, wouldn't go with Criss Angel, that implies he's a magician. Second, comparing Erik Weisz to Criss Angel is an Abhorrent mis-step.

Jul 13, 2008
It's all subjective. You can't definitively say who is the best because it's all based on opinion. This topic should be about who your favorite magician is, not who the best magician in the world is.

Apr 20, 2010
I like how you ask for in depth opinions and ask for us to post them and don't give your own.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
There is a different 'best' for each branch and category, and even then people will constantly disagree on who is the best in each of those.

Many will put Ricky Jay above Jason England in pure slight of hand gambling skill, and further Darwin Oritz above either or both of them...they're all very accomplished in many different ways-who's the best? Probably someone that is actually using these techniques to win money.

Penn and Teller are favored among many over Copperfield, but can they be compared?

The simple answer:There isn't one greatest magician ever.

There are legends and tales, performances and awards...but every magician has his or her flaws, so none can be called #1 of all time.

Jul 13, 2010
The question should rather be: Who´s your favorite magician of all time ?
There´re too many legends out there to name only one personal favorite.
I don´t consider Magic as a competition, and therefore the single best magician doesn´t exist.

Nov 15, 2007
Raleigh, NC
I don´t consider Magic as a competition, and therefore the single best magician doesn´t exist.

Totally a competition, and I'm winning. :) Not!
(haha I did a not joke...yay!)

In all seriousness, you'd have to see every magician ever live before making this decision. No one has, so it can't be done.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results