Your 'go-to' deck

Feb 15, 2016
Any monarchs really. If i know itll be a sloppy couple hours though i use bikes cuz ik ill be picking them up off the floor

quick question: Do Theory11 decks last as long as people say? I bought a bunch of Theory11 decks (namely Monarch, Medallion, Contraband and Animal Kingdom) recently but I'm scared to use them often but it's really hard to resist, because they handle amazingly.

Updated go-to decks:
Practice: Bicycle/Tally-Ho/Bee
Performing: Anything by Theory11 or Ellusionist
Card games: anything really

Feb 15, 2016
quick question: Do Theory11 decks last as long as people say? I bought a bunch of Theory11 decks (namely Monarch, Medallion, Contraband and Animal Kingdom) recently but I'm scared to use them often but it's really hard to resist, because they handle amazingly.

Updated go-to decks:
Personally i hate ellusionist decks. I notice dropping them on the floor screwed my monarchs up but they r just paper haha. I ALWAYS wash my hands for using them also

Reactions: lolhammertime

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign

Updated go-to decks:

It REALLY depends on what you do, how you handle them, often drop them, wash hands frequently, etc.

I've been using the same Mystery Box deck I got back in January of last year and NoMad deck when it was first released. Both are still my 'go-to' for most flourishes except fans.
But hand washing before you use a deck will extend its longevity SO MICH.

Feb 15, 2016
It REALLY depends on what you do, how you handle them, often drop them, wash hands frequently, etc.

I've been using the same Mystery Box deck I got back in January of last year and NoMad deck when it was first released. Both are still my 'go-to' for most flourishes except fans.
Thats crazy! Do u rotate decks often

Aug 14, 2014
My go-to deck are my Tally-Ho circle backs. Right out of the box you can tell the difference from an ordinary bicycle deck. They handle amazingly, they're durable, and they're pretty aesthetically pleasing when doing flourishes. I recently bought 12 blue and 12 red decks of circle backs. I've used these for magic and cardistry, and they work like a dream. And for its price I'd say they're a steal. These are my go-to cards for the reasons listed but also because I know they're cheap and easily replaceable, so if I want to bend or tear a card for a magic trick, it doesn't bother me.

Now if you can get your hands on some Fontaines or Virtuosos, then those are great choices. The faro extremely easily, the handling right of the box is awesome, and they're one of the most pleasing cards for the eye I've ever owned. I don't say that these are my go to deck simply because they're a bit more precious and expensive, but when I want to make a magic/cardistry video, those are the ones I use.
(Art of Play recently restocked in Virtuosos but now they're $25, I got mine for $15)

P.S. Sorry for any grammatical errors made in the following post, I'm writing this right before going to sleep.

Aug 14, 2014

I just want to point out that with my Circle Backs, I've dropped them so many times at school and my school has some really unclean floors, and after quickly wiping them on my shirt they still fan perfectly. Also, I'm not going to lie, I don't always wash my hands before using my cards, mostly because the clammy/sticky hands help me a lot with cardistry... and also because I'm just lazy. Back to the point, I've mistreated my Circle Backs on purpose because I have 22 more decks of them, just to see how long they'll last. After the past month they're still pretty smooth with only some darkening along the edges from dirt and natural oils in our hands.
However, don't take my word for it, my opinion is biased because I love them so much.

I just want to point out that with my Circle Backs, I've dropped them so many times at school and my school has some really unclean floors, and after quickly wiping them on my shirt they still fan perfectly. Also, I'm not going to lie, I don't always wash my hands before using my cards, mostly because the clammy/sticky hands help me a lot with cardistry... and also because I'm just lazy. Back to the point, I've mistreated my Circle Backs on purpose because I have 22 more decks of them, just to see how long they'll last. After the past month they're still pretty smooth with only some darkening along the edges from dirt and natural oils in our hands.
However, don't take my word for it, my opinion is biased because I love them so much.
Is this the same case with fan backs? I heard that fan backs have a different finish than circle backs.

I can't say for sure. Circle Backs have a linoid finish, so you can just look up what finish the fan backs have.
I actually have both, and they both say Linoid finish. Except my circle back feels different than my fan back. Some people say that they discontinued the fan backs after the USPC moved and ever since, they had a different finish, but I don't really know.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results