Your Style

Dec 1, 2007
Whats your style for magic?
are you funny?
mysterious?
i dont really have to give options, the list would be to long :p

Sep 1, 2007
i crack lots of corny jokes. unless you're performing for kids, or morons, they're not going to really think your mysterious magic is for real. make em laugh and at least you'll entertain .

Oct 6, 2007
Im very very casual..
I dont try and put on an act (as someone said b4)
I just go, ok reach in and take a card...etc.etc..now grab my wrist...

really relaxed and casual...but i want to try and make it more mysterious

My Style...

I can't really put my style into words. I just act like myself. I can't categorize how I act into a genre. I make my own genre. My own style.

I'm a normal guy that can do incredible things. That's the message I try to get across to my audience. That ordinary people can do incredible things and that the can do anything they dream of doing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm also very relaxed, and casual. As long as the performer relaxes, the audience relaxes. But I do try to be dynamic as well. If i'm doing a speechless performance, i'll put on sort of an act. But if i'm doing a mentalism show, i'm not like

"Now I want you to distressingly centralize on your card as if nothing else in the universe is of any significance, and I will try to delve into your medulla oblongata to unravel your very conceptions.....yes....excellent.....was your card the......ACE OF HEARTS?"

"No."

"Oh....uh.....you were not centralizing deeply enough. Was it the.......NINE OF CLUBS???"

"No."

"Damn..."

I'm very casual, and try to just be myself.

Anthony Bass

Generally I invest a lot into my performances, especially patter; and I often throw in one-liners (tongue in cheek humour), facial expressions or even gestures that stop the stereotyped feeling of over-the-top seriousness to light-hearted fun and games. I'm casual and just being myself -- the way I think magic should be. It really depends what peformance peice I have too, as if I am doing a mentalism effect, I won't necessarily want to be as jokey or light-hearted, but instead try to make it seem like something strange and mysterious is actually happening - whilst still being myself (I don't want to morph into another character).

Great topic by the way! :)

Jordan

Sep 8, 2007
I'm a casual walk around comedic mentalist, if you can comprehend that. But, that's really what I am.

Brucelee

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results