Cold Reading / Body Language - Beginner

Feb 3, 2010
Perth
Howdy people
I'm getting into mentalism and I think good skills to have when performing are cold reading and reading body language
What beginner books and videos do you recommend.
Cheers guys

Jan 26, 2008
Sweden
Its not a good time to start with cold rading now, its summer and it will he to warm outside. Wait until the winter and it will get easier doing cold reading.

Howdy people
I'm getting into mentalism and I think good skills to have when performing are cold reading and reading body language
What beginner books and videos do you recommend.
Cheers guys

From cold reading it seems that System 88 by Docc Hilford seems to be a good choice.
Body language is a more complicated part of performing and needs much performance experience. From that you can pretty much already start developing your own methods. Eg i can talk much about a persons personality before anyone says something about them or i meet them.

It all comes with experience actually but much can be learned beforehand. I just prefer learning body language from real life to get my own system down.

But a good book about it is Paul Brook's Alchemical Tools which talkes a lot about Pacing and leading, rappour etc. Pretty decent place to learn all the skills YOU need to not be readable by people ;).

M.

Nov 8, 2007
I think the best place to start is with Lee Earle's The Gentle Art of Cold Reading. He gives you all the foundation material in cold reading, which is exactly what you want when starting out. Comes with an audio CD too so you can review the material on your iPod.

This is the best place to start learning cold reading in my opinion. Here's what the ad says:

Only one hundred and seventy seven words long, this reading was developed at a major university and evaluated by test subjects to be over 90% accurate every time! My 80 minute audio-CD and its companion book are packed with hints, tips, techniques, and distilled experience; the inside information which, up until now, has been closely guarded by some of the industry's most successful performers. Pop the audio-CD into your car's stereo and learn Cold Reading the easy way. Discover how to make the reading sound fresh and new every time. Even when the ladies cluster around you (and they will) listening to what you say to every person, each will receive different and personalized information when it's her turn. Find out a method which gets your spectator to make the reading more accurate by doing your work for you. Includes instructional booklet and 18 track CD.

Mar 6, 2008
A Land Down Under
System 88 is quite advanced so definatly look into that a little later. So so you are aware cold reading and body language reading are two completely different things.

As for cold reading Corinda said it best when he said you can buy 100 books on the subject and still know less than someone who has none. You have to practice cold reading more so than anything you do but you can only pratice by doing.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results