Favourite SubRosa routines?

Jun 3, 2015
Lake District, UK
Before I get started, I'm not looking for any exposure here, just sharing ideas if people want whilst being as mysterious as possible.

I've spent a little over 3 hours straight today practicing a little rouine I am working on. I'm sure it's not original, the overall plot is as old as time, but I've not learnt it from anywhere so playing with it as I go along.
The basic premise is that I get blindfolded, Luke and Obi help the spectator to freely choose a card then returns it to the deck and shuffles as much as they want, I then deal out not only the chosen card but the 4 of a kind. When I saw the promo for "The SEER" it looked pretty similar, but obviously the method is different as is most of the routine along the way, the destination is the same though. I don't perform at a table so this is all done in the hands, whilst practicing I am dealing to a table but when performing I'll be dealing to the spectators hands. I know there was a lot of talk of whether SubRosa works when you're not at the table, but honestly I find it 1,000,000 times easier in the hands.

There are a few different presentations of this with different patter and different outcomes, dealing only the selected card, etc. but the overall premise is something I think is pretty cool, and like I said, 3 hours today of just blind dealing 4 of a kind trying to get it natural and at speed which I think shows how cool I think it is.

So, at the moment that is obviously my favourite, just wondering what everyone else enjoys doing with SubRosa.

If nobody shares I completely understand, or if there are some ideas that people want to bounce around then great, whatever happens it's all gravy. :p

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
Now, I haven't got Sub Rosa (yet). But the ideas I've been messing around with involve blank cards. Having spectators sign them and all.

The idea is that everyone who signs a card 'is stranded on an island. As they shuffle, you have them say how they would get off the island, and they pass the deck to the next person. This goes on until you hit all 4 people (if they say 'I wouldn't have got on the boat, you have them pass the deck, without signing a card. Stuffy people don't get to play). You then reveal all 4 signed cards and applaud them for their improvised and creative efforts.

Again, I don't have Sub Rosa. But going off of what I have heard and can assume about it, this seems to be the best I can come up with for blank cards

Reactions: leighelkins
Jun 3, 2015
Lake District, UK
Now, I haven't got Sub Rosa (yet). But the ideas I've been messing around with involve blank cards. Having spectators sign them and all.

The idea is that everyone who signs a card 'is stranded on an island. As they shuffle, you have them say how they would get off the island, and they pass the deck to the next person. This goes on until you hit all 4 people (if they say 'I wouldn't have got on the boat, you have them pass the deck, without signing a card. Stuffy people don't get to play). You then reveal all 4 signed cards and applaud them for their improvised and creative efforts.

Again, I don't have Sub Rosa. But going off of what I have heard and can assume about it, this seems to be the best I can come up with for blank cards
If I buy you a brick of blank decks can I please just sit and watch you play? I love your creativity with blank cards!

Tower of Lunatic Meat

Elite Member
Sep 27, 2014
Texa$, with a dollar sign
If I buy you a brick of blank decks can I please just sit and watch you play? I love your creativity with blank cards!

Sure! ;)

I actually got 10 blank decks in April. They are an absolute blast to work with on any level! So far, I've been 'onesy-twosing' from one deck with the contests that have been going on. Being able to do virtually whatever you want without the standard card faces open up so many doors for creativity.

I want to use them in card magic because I think they open up more involvement with spectators in being able to sign a card, you perform your feat, and they get to keep it.
You COULD do that with any deck. But once you're out of, say the Ace of Spades, you need another deck to replace the ace of spades.
Blank deck? Just add in another blank. Call it good!

Some of those decks are for a project, the others are for card magic (namely signed card productions, 'disappearing signature', color changes, signature transpositions, and 'Raise Rise' when I learn it. Actually. I need to learn A LOT in card magic, as I've had my head in
Prop magic and one-handed cardistry).

But if you're buyin'...how can I refuse ;)

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results