T11 Direct Decks

PaulS12177

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2019
Hello T11, I would like to make a very earnest request. In the past I have purchased theory 11 decks directly from theory 11‘s website because they came without any of the retail accoutrements. Specifically the big white barcode and the hang tag. My last two purchases from theory 11 this week both arrived with decks sporting the large barcode and hang tags attached. I would typically buy two of each deck one to open, and one to keep sealed as a collectible. I must say I don’t think I’ll be buying the second collectible Theory 11 deck so long as they have those items attached (with the exception of the Star Trek deck, which is pretty badass). Going forward, I will likely purchase my decks from other retailers simply to save on shipping costs. I am sure maintaining two inventories of retail and non-retail decks was determined to be an expense that could be saved, but in my opinion, those additions while necessary at retail, detract from the look and desirability of an unopened deck. Thank you for considering my request.

PeterB69

Elite Member
Jun 18, 2023
Mobile, AL
J.Bayme addressed this exact issue last week when another user brought it up:

PaulS12177

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2019
Thank you for the link. I hadn’t seen it. While I understand J. Bayme‘s concerns, I really hope T11 tries to dig deep and find a solution to this problem. Maybe replace them with easy to remove barcodes, or hang tags, etc. I tried the hair buyer approach and it ended up just taking off the shrink wrap.

PaulS12177

Elite Member
Dec 27, 2019
Sorry for replying to my own thread, but I have new observations that I would like to address:

1. I can confirm that the Star Trek deck is indeed badass. Like really, really, really good. The Tuck is perfect, the design is perfect, the courts are perfect, show casing the various actors that have particpated in the same role, I really like Khan. I pretty much have all of your decks from the past several years, and I think this one is tops. My previous favorate was the original Emerald Green Tavern on the Green, but this surpassed it. Nicely done T11.

2. The hang tags and barcodes have to go. I mean sheesh. Wow, they are like a huge old wart on the nose of a supermodel, but in this case, since there are two, one is on the nose and the other is attached to an eyelid. First, there is no reason the hang tag sticker needs to be so strong. The glue is stronger than the cellophane that it is affixed too. No need for that. Second, the barcodes are the paper type that shred when you attempt to peel it off. Maybe make the barcode on a plastic style sticker that can be pealed off without shredding. Put a T11 logo on it, make it looks awesome. Please get creative that will allow you to keep a single inventory, yet not ruin the look of your tucks...

3. T11 is really going mainstream. I just saw a T11 standup display in my local grocery store, Ralphs. I can see how making your inventory more common across retail channels is important. Well done!

4. I know I am a sample size of 1, but I have never actually seen a T11 deck sctually hanging by it's hangtag. They are always in your custom display boxes. This has been in Target, Walmart, and now Ralphs.

XeroStaticFlux

Elite Member
Aug 26, 2023
Albany NY
I can live with the bar codes, as with a little goo gone and tlc they can be remove without too much hassle, but yea those hang tags are not collector friendly and much harder to get off without damaging the tuck or the wrap/seal. Half my collection has them, and half doesnt. Really messes with my OCD!

I too have also never seen a shop using the tags. Just in the usual display box sitting on a shelf.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results