Saturday Night Contest :: Theory11 Roundtable

Sep 3, 2007
Europe
2) Why did Mr. Hocking's parents give him a girl's name? :D

OK, s that was just a joke... here's the real question:

2) Growing up, physically, or "magic-wise", did you have a mentor that you relied on to guide you down your "Royal Road"? If so, what kind of stuff did they help you with? i.e. Tricks, presentation, gigs, or just everything? What age did you start getting mentored, and at what age did it "end"?

3. How does it feels like to be so popular and admired in the magic and flourishing community? Do you feel proud of yourself or you take it as it is normal for you guys?

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 3, 2007
Europe
3) If given the opportunity, would you make theory11, Ellusionist, Penguin... magic in general, more exclusive? Reducing the incredible amount of exposure and unethical "trading". Giving new magicians a renewed sense of "loyalty" to the art. Therefore making every magical experience for the spectators the best they could be?

Nov 25, 2007
1) As the farthers of modern flourishing, how did you become this way.were you magicians before?Or were you born pulling off a sybil?

This is serious:
(No offense but......) -------------2) Do you think magic is evolving in the right way?An example is the fact that you guys just sold prophet, which is the same as 10 other tricks. All you guys did is change the handling.

If we did the same tricks with different handling, they would be different , yes, but nothing new. Do you think this should be the future of magic?

Hope you understand how the question relates to you.
For those who cant comprehend:
If all D&D did was change (example >>>>)the grip of how they do a common flourish its not like something new.Prohpet looked great on film, and it was hyped up. Nothing new yet resold at a higher price....

3)why did you join theory11?
you have your own website, why come here?

Oct 8, 2007
Numero Uno: If you could change the online flourishing community, what would you do with it?
Numero Dos: Did you ever perform magic in live shows and/or are you considering doing that in the future?
Numero Tres: Do you think I'm pretty?

Sep 1, 2007
Florida.
One://What do you think about Youtube and what it has done to/for magic?

Two://When The System was released card flourishing was relatively unknown/underused, there weren't many practitioners. But by the time The Trilogy was set for release flourishing had a huge following, even its own "superstars" or "legends" (i.e. Jonas, The Virts, etc.). Where you nervous at all about how your flourishes would be received, or if they would be "up to par" with the present flourishing standards?

Three://How does it feel to have people put you guys on such a pedestal?

Sep 1, 2007
This one is more magic oriented but I hope you can answer it:

3. What, in your opinion, qualities, skills, traits etc. does a good magician have? Basically what makes a good magician in your opinion?

May 24, 2008
-Hand care is very important to many magicians and flourishers. Besides the usual stretching, how to you take care of your hands? Do you use any particular type or brand of moisturizer?

-Regarding flourishes, many people can't improve on their speed without ruining their smoothness. Obviously putting the proper amount of time into practicing the flourish will help, but please enlighten us with any tips on what to do while practicing to make it more efficient.

-What is your preferred method of practicing? Do you watch yourself in front of a mirror, record yourself on a video camera to study it afterwards?

-Generally speaking, what do you think about while you're performing flourishes for people? Are you focusing on your hands making sure each movement is perfect, or are you try to give it as little thought as possible? I'm asking this because from my own experience as I'm performing a flourish for someone, it seems like the more I focus on my hands, the more often I'll mess up.

-What are the steps you take to create a card trick?

May 24, 2008
Hopefully none of these have been asked already

1) If you weren't magicians, what would you guys be doing right now?

2) Was there at any point in your lives (so far) when you guys thought doing magic wasn't gonna work out and thought of quiting?

3) If so to question above, how did you guys overcome it?

1. How come many online magic stores/communities put custom playing cards before magic itself? Is it really necessary to put your name into the "IM A MAGIC SITE AND I HAVE CREATED A CUSTOM DECK" society... rather than tell the youngsters to buy normal everyday 808s or Tally?

2. How has the internet affected the MAGIC/FLOURISHING community? I would love both positive and negative views on it.

3. Magic is ruining my immediate social life... All the people at school "diss me " for playing with cards, and some say "Hey where are your 52 friends" :( ... , so what was your inspiration to carry on with this art with all social pressure around you. Did people "diss" you, how did you over come this to stay with your passion?

Oct 9, 2007
1. There's a section on the site called "The Wire" that's been up since this site started yet we still have no clue what it's for. Any information on what it will be used for?

2. There are a lot of nice decks available on the site not; do you guys plan on selling sample combos for a discounted price? (Like 1 or 2 of each deck)

Aug 31, 2007
Q: What advice do you guys to amateur magicians aspiring to become pro? How should they get their careers started?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results