Joe Paschall | Ace Cut

Hello as some of you may know the 1on1 section has been updated with Ace Cut by Joe Paschall.

ACE CUT
by joel paschallTotal Runtime: 8.5 Minutes | Download

Ace Cut is a one-handed Ace cutting sequence. You take a deck and cut to all four Aces... with one hand. This effect is taught in detail by Joel Paschall with over-the-shoulder camera angles. An interesting thing to note is that even though the deck is cut multiple times throughout - at the end of the effect, it is back in its original order. No crimps, no bends, no gimmicks

I dont really like it, it dosent look that apealing.

What do you think about it?

JDEN

I agree with you Jaydinho. It does not look so smooth or impressive and anybody who know basics of magic will figure it out anyways..

The whole 1-on-1 section has become pointless. It is supposed to educate people and it started that way but for past few weeks we just get throw aways, fancy cuts and shuffles..

Past contributions by Kenner, Aaron, Lee and Dan and Dave were great....

i Agree With You Jaydinho. It Does Not Look So Smooth Or Impressive And Anybody Who Know Basics Of Magic Will Figure It Out Anyways..

The Whole 1-on-1 Section Has Become Pointless. It Is Supposed To Educate People And It Started That Way But For Past Few Weeks We Just Get Throw Aways, Fancy Cuts And Shuffles..

Past Contributions By Kenner, Aaron, Lee And Dan And Dave Were Great....
Amen..

Jden

Apr 27, 2008
Norway
exactly

yeah, what happened to that?
now theory11 has been releasing a couple of throwaway affects aimed simply at selling, where did all the quality go?
akira? werm? card fundamentals? schwing? 4for4? threefry? shifty? and lets not forget 5speed?

Apr 28, 2008
I have been very dissapointed with recent 1 on 1's and have not bought any of them. The latest 1 on 1 is just not worth it, a beginner could come up with a better ace production. There are also loads of way more impressive ace productions on Decknique and Youtube.

I would like to see more from Aaron Fisher. The Outjog Herrman shift is the best 1 on 1 i've ever bought. You learn the shift, all the subtleties and an effect that uses the shift all for $5. Compare that to this weeks where you pay $5 to learn a charlier cut.

I'd also be happy with more from Lee Asher, Chris Kenner and Dan and Dave, although it would be nice to see some original videos from them not just stuff lifted from The Trilogy.

Jan 31, 2008
Hello as some of you may know the 1on1 section has been updated with Ace Cut by Joe Paschall.

I dont really like it, it dosent look that apealing.

What do you think about it?

JDEN

I agree with you 100%, most of the 1 on 1's have been very poor in quality, specifically Joel's, the dnd magic one were miles better than n00bie ace cut, kevin Ho's top pop is WAY better, and you get that for FREE! Joel's "static" (not even n00b quality a better false table cut ), triple shuffle (stolen from Jerry Cestkowski's encyclopedia, page 358 "Double and Triple Waterfall Shuffles"), and "fan control" (using an AGE old totally unoriginal technique) make you wonder if the value of the dollar is dropping. Are these really worth $5? Not when you can find tutorials for better moves (for free, mind you) on decknique....

Nov 23, 2007
NC
Its very obvious that he isn't announcing it to the forum as news, he is asking peoples opinions on it.

What Eddie was referring to was this thread http://forums.theory11.com/showthread.php?t=8889 which discusses the exact same topic which Joel responded to and Katie closed.

Different people have different needs so while one may not like a certain 1 on 1 many others may find it useful. They’re not going to be ground breaking every week, sometimes they may just be moves that may fill in a blank in ones routine.

You can’t please all the people all the time and dogging out the artist’s who are making these available and trying to help magicians progress themselves certainly doesn’t motivate them to continue to put material out. They already know the moves and are willing to share them but yet everyone’s a critic. I just find it non productive, if it doesnt interest you dont purchase it. If you find a better deal by all means go for it.

Apr 28, 2008
That’s fine. Like I said go for it, but my point was everyone asked for more 1-on-1’s then when they don’t get one that fits their exact need they whine out of selfishness.

I am not complaining that they don't fit my needs. I'm complaining because they are largely unoriginal and there is no way T11 can justify selling them for $5.

Unicoin and Hellbound Spellbound did not interest me at all as I don't really do coin magic, however I did not complain about them as they are very high quality routines.

Nov 23, 2007
NC
I am not complaining that they don't fit my needs. I'm complaining because they are largely unoriginal and there is no way T11 can justify selling them for $5.

I have to disagree with you on this one. While not every 1-on-1 is for everyone if you think you can use it, for a little more than a gallon of gas you can have a pro teach you something that you may incorporate into your routine forever. That’s a good deal.
Also, consider The Missing Link for example. Some have TOOC but couldn’t get the move right until they watched CK and got his tips in the 1-on-1. So, many benefit from just the visual aspect along with everything else.

Unicoin and Hellbound Spellbound did not interest me at all as I don't really do coin magic, however I did not complain about them as they are very high quality routines.

Thats true they are, but they cant just put out high quality routines. Some people want and need to learn different moves or maybe a alternate way to accomplish something which is helpful to them.

That’s fine. Like I said go for it, but my point was everyone asked for more 1-on-1’s then when they don’t get one that fits their exact need they whine out of selfishness.

Correct me if I am wrong but the purpose of 1-on-1 is education. Of course not everything appeals to everybody but publishing stupid cuts week after week educates nobody. It is not about who needs what, it is about delivering quality no matter if it is basic or advanced. I have not purchased single one on one but I know if I buy spellbound hellbound for example I am going to learn several advanced slights which I can apply to other things.

Anyways, you can´t possibly mean that past weeks 1-on-1s have been delivered with any other ambition then to sell. It´s painfully obvious.

Apr 28, 2008
I have to disagree with you on this one. While not every 1-on-1 is for everyone if you think you can use it, for a little more than a gallon of gas you can have a pro teach you something that you may incorporate into your routine forever. That’s a good deal.
Also, consider The Missing Link for example. Some have TOOC but couldn’t get the move right until they watched CK and got his tips in the 1-on-1. So, many benefit from just the visual aspect along with everything else.

I'm not talking about the older 1 on 1's, Missing Link is very good and got great reviews, i'm talking about the recent 1 on 1's such as Ace Cut, Triple Shuffle, Static.

The problem is these 1 on 1's are not something you could incorporate in your routine forever, Ace cut is one of the worst ace productions i've ever seen and there's no reason anybody would use it. If it was a good production by Dan and Dave or Lee Asher then I wouldn't have a problem as it would be something that you could consistently use.

Static is also just not very impressive, if it was released 5 years ago then maybe it would be worth $5 but there are way better cuts in both the 1 on 1 section and other sources such as Youtube. Kevin Ho has many cuts available for free and is a far more respected flourisher than Joel Paschall.

Anyways, you can´t possibly mean that past weeks 1-on-1s have been delivered with any other ambition then to sell. It´s painfully obvious.

I completely agree, there seems to be very little thought put in them when compared to past 1 on 1's. Joel Paschall is obviously very talented, we know this as Believe was very good however you don't see any of this talent in the 1 on 1's.

Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
yeah, what happened to that?
now theory11 has been releasing a couple of throwaway affects aimed simply at selling, where did all the quality go?
akira? werm? card fundamentals? schwing? 4for4? threefry? shifty? and lets not forget 5speed?

This may shock you, so please sit down: Akira, the Werm, Four for Four and all of those 1-on-1s you say are good were aimed simply at selling. T11 is in the business of making money by providing magic education. If that concept seems shocking, then I would recommend you study the lyrics of a certain Tool song from Aenima.

I don't know why everyone has been dogging on Joel. I bought Believe (not a 1-on-1) and the Fan Control and was not disappointed. Take the fan control: Yeah, a simple, underused concept in magic. When I saw it, I slapped my head and thought, "I shoulda thought of that!" But the 1-on-1s aren't about learning sleights: They are about getting training from professional magicians and cardists. Even though the fan control has a head-slap technique, I was very happy with what Joel taught. I definitely got my money's worth. As far as his ace-cutting 1-on-1, it looks like he goes deeper into something he taught in Believe. I'll probably get it.

No one is forcing you to buy anything. T11 does a great job at marketing its effects, so you can make a good decision about whether it is for you. I haven't bought most of the recent ones, because I would rather learn sleights instead of flourishes. That's just me.

But to say that T11 is giving up quality for quantity is flat out moronic. Just because people don't like one particular effect doesn't mean the company has dramatically changed its mission.

Apr 28, 2008
This may shock you, so please sit down: Akira, the Werm, Four for Four and all of those 1-on-1s you say are good were aimed simply at selling. T11 is in the business of making money by providing magic education. If that concept seems shocking, then I would recommend you study the lyrics of a certain Tool song from Aenima.

Obviously all 1 on 1's are made to sell, T11 is a business and has to make money. However, when Chris Kenner created the 4 for 4 switch it was probably because he wanted a way to switch cards, he then decided that it was useful, it worked well and was good enough to be sold. With some of the recent 1 on 1's it seems more like the effect was created just for a 1 on 1 with little consideration of how good it actually is.

But to say that T11 is giving up quality for quantity is flat out moronic. Just because people don't like one particular effect doesn't mean the company has dramatically changed its mission.

Nobody has said the company has 'dramatically changed it's mission' they have simply said the recent 1 on 1's are not of the same quality as those in the past. It is also not because people 'don't like one particular effect'.

There is a big difference between someone not liking an effect and the effect being low quality. I don't like coin 1 on 1's however they are obviously good. Some recent 1 on 1's simply aren't very good and aren't worth the money.

Dec 20, 2007
Joplin, Mo., USA
Obviously all 1 on 1's are made to sell, T11 is a business and has to make money. However, when Chris Kenner created the 4 for 4 switch it was probably because he wanted a way to switch cards, he then decided that it was useful, it worked well and was good enough to be sold. With some of the recent 1 on 1's it seems more like the effect was created just for a 1 on 1 with little consideration of how good it actually is... (snip) ...There is a big difference between someone not liking an effect and the effect being low quality. I don't like coin 1 on 1's however they are obviously good. Some recent 1 on 1's simply aren't very good and aren't worth the money.

I don't see any major style differences between the 1-on-1s to figure out your criteria for which ones "simply aren't very good and aren't worth the money." They are all formulaic and follow the same, general path (unless ripped directly from a video, such as D&D's). They are all filmed in a simplistic, get-in get-out style, and are crammed with information. They all concentrate on the teaching, and have good camera angles that help the student see exactly what is going on.

I don't see any visual evidence to support you saying that CK did his 1-on-1s for a lofty, noble purpose, yet Joel did his just for the sake of filling T11's weekly quota.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results