Starting XCM

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
What is the best dvd to use to start cardistry/flourishing? I know most will say XB, but I want to do cuts and stuff like what Daniel Madison, and The Bucks do. I know a few false cuts and I even made one up that involves cuts, a charlier, 2 seperate occasions of a flying packet, and a fan that launches one of those flying packets :D

Thanks,
Rob

BrianationX

Banned
Jul 13, 2008
What is the best dvd to use to start cardistry/flourishing? I know most will say XB, but I want to do cuts and stuff like what Daniel Madison, and The Bucks do. I know a few false cuts and I even made one up that involves cuts, a charlier, 2 seperate occasions of a flying packet, and a fan that launches one of those flying packets :D

Thanks,
Rob

[its non called XCM[/I]
Its called Flourishes
XCM is a crap word made to market cheap products
Dont get XB,its useless
Get generation X by Brian Tudor instead

Feb 27, 2008
Grand prairie TX
[its non called XCM[/I]
Its called Flourishes
Dont get XB,its useless

He never wrote XCM.

Anyways..
I never got any beginners training videos.
I went straight for the trilogy after learning the charlier cut and fans and springs.
For me thats the basic stuff.
and if you buy the trilogy or just the everythingelse disc you should be good.
It has all the basic flourishes you need/want to know.
And if you buy the trilogy you can go straight to the good stuff after learning the basics on everythingelse.

So i recommend trilogy or everything else.

Dec 10, 2007
Texas
I went straight for the trilogy after learning the charlier cut and fans and springs.
For me thats the basic stuff.

You did so, and look where you are now...?
Coughcough*
Just kidding

[its non called XCM[/I]
Its called Flourishes
Dont get XB,its useless

Aiyahh..... Why so judgmental?

As for you -R.K. magician78
Since you don't want XB because it's mostly one handed deals, I can't really suggest any 2 handed cut DVD that would be easy. I suggest you do some research on DVD's -Preview the trailer or whatever. If you like what you see, post another thread asking how the teaching is.
Take care!

-Eugene

Apr 22, 2008
Get Brian Tudor Show Off 1 and 2 .... the teaching is not taht good but with patience and dedication you will get it ... after that go for trilogy system or motion.

Sep 2, 2007
La Crescenta, CA
The Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes was a godsend for me. It teaches not only the basics in EXTREME detail, but also some flashier one-handed cuts, armspreads... Jerry is amazing. Seriously.

Sep 1, 2007
The Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes was a godsend for me. It teaches not only the basics in EXTREME detail, but also some flashier one-handed cuts, armspreads... Jerry is amazing. Seriously.

truer words were never spoken! (except when jessica alba said "damn trashmanf your XCM is hot")

if you get this book you can learn the basics and then make your own two-handed cuts or whatever the hell you want.

if you want to make a move where a fan flips over a packet ... well that sounds pretty damn groundbreakingly original right there... anyways you might want to learn how to make a good fan.

this "well I don't want to learn XB because I want to be daniel+madison" stuff isn't a good foundation at ALL.

think about if you saw "Iron Chef" and up and decided you want to be Bobbly Flay. but instead of going to culinary school and working your way up, you just want to go straight to having your own restaurant and being the sous chef. you'd get dominated.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I think if and when I get something, I will either get the flourishing dvd of the trilogy, or motion of the dangerous set.

I made up my own flourish/routine. It goes like this.

First the cards are in the box, and I do the thing de'vo teaches in cradle to grave where you get the cards outa the box with one hand. then I don a little deck flip, then a face down thumb fan. next, I swing cut a packet of, and hold it at the bottom , then cut off another pack making my right hand holding 3 seperate packs, then with my left thumb, I launch the middle packet into the air spinning like a helicopter, then catch it in the palm of my left hand. next I grab the right hands bottom packet with the left fingertips, and do like i'm completeing a charlier, but instead, the packet that would be moved to the top is placed on top of a fan I have made with the last packet in my right hand, and I launch that packet in the air and catch it in the left hand, landing ontop of the packet that is there, then I flose the fan and put that packet ontop. Next, I split the deck in half and do 2 one handed fans and put them together to look like an "S", and then close 'em up. And to finish it off, I do a face up thump fan.

Sorry for the lengthyness but tell me what you think of that.

Sep 2, 2007
Houston, TX
I think you just did the n00b thing where you write a whole bunch instead of just filming a video.

sorry. I know its a mouthful but I'm at my dads and will be here for 2 weeks so I dont have my video camera, or my editing software downloaded on his computer. But trust me I would normally make a vid just because I love using my sony DV camcorder with touch screen haha. But I will make a video as soon as I get home

Sep 1, 2007
sorry. I know its a mouthful but I'm at my dads and will be here for 2 weeks so I dont have my video camera, or my editing software downloaded on his computer. But trust me I would normally make a vid just because I love using my sony DV camcorder with touch screen haha. But I will make a video as soon as I get home

that's cool, just practice it a bunch over your 2 weeks and when you get back you can shoot the video uncut :D it will be sweet.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results