Jerry's Nuggets - Why The Hype?

Aug 1, 2008
Salinas, CA
Whats All the Hype About Jerry’s Nugget decks. I think they are over rated IMO. Anyone else Agree? I have a deck that was Given to me By my grand father about 7 Years ago "New" He had them In a chest in his basement. I was 16 when I opened them not knowing what they Run Now yeah I would have waited. Over 1G For a deck now Geeezzzz. Well Im Done Blabbing. Voice Your Opinion If you Own A deck Or not! Lates...!

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 2, 2007
The problem with people is that they think skill is embedded in cards. I bet Dan and Dave would be able to use any kind of ****ty cards and still do something amazing with them. Dan and Dave have been into what we do for over a decade, do you think they've been sitting around staring on a deck of cards, not practising?

I still stand by what I said, I'd love to see someone do a 2 girls 1 cup-version using Jerry's Nugget cards. Or how about the usual stereotype of a 14-year-old who lives on their parents money to - in order to save a beloved JN-card from falling to the floor, clamp it between their legs and crease it perfectly in half.

If you suck now, you'll suck with Jerry's Nugget cards too. Don't believe anything else.

Sep 1, 2007
Sydney, Australia
$10 is the maximum I'd pay per deck of any kind. $100+ for a deck "the pros" use is not worth it. Sure, they last longer than regular decks but for, say, $120, I can get about 48 decks of Tally Ho cards shipped to my house in Australia. That would last longer than a deck of Jerry's Nuggets for sure. I guess the Jerry's Nuggets look decent on camera. The simple design is eaiser on the eyes than the much more intricate designs you get with, say, a deck of Fan back Tally Hos.

Buy a deck of Jerry's Nugget's for the price they go for only if you are a filthy rich card freak or a hardcore card collector. Don't buy them to look "cool" on YouTube and brag to your laymen friends that "the pros" use them because, frankly, they don't give half a damn. Do yourself a favour and buy a buttload of regular cards instead. Hell, if you want something to spend $100 on and have nothing better to buy then about 56 pieces of stiff cardboard then send the money to me and I'll shout you lunch and we'll jam.

Cheers,
Shanku

PS. I rule.

May 18, 2008
I don't own a deck, but I have heard that they feel like no other cards and they do look really, really awesome. I think one day I might buy a deck to have it, just to see what all the hype is about, but regardless, it's still very expensive for a deck seeing as the most exspensive deck I have ever bought was 4 or 5 bucks.

D

Deleted member 2755

They apparently are overrated. I know about 2 people that have been into flourishing for years now that have Jerry's. Neither of them like Jerry's. They both said that they are INCREDIBLY overrated and can barely fan. One of the guys I'm talking about even has a few bricks of them unopened! He just doesn't like them. I asked both people why there was so much hype over them. I got the same answer. "I don't know. Probably because Dan and Dave use them."

They last very long and are great for cuts, but they don't fan. They are overrated. Would I love to have one? Of course I would. I'm not denying that. They are just VERY overrated though.

-Doug

Jun 2, 2008
When i first saw jerrys I didnt like the back design and had no idea why people wanted them so much, i thought it was just a deck but wth ! over $120 for a deck ? why would anyone buy a deck for that much ?

Dont make sense to me, well personaly a dont like them anyway so no nened to worry :)

Aug 31, 2007
Long Island/New York
They apparently are overrated. I know about 2 people that have been into flourishing for years now that have Jerry's. Neither of them like Jerry's. They both said that they are INCREDIBLY overrated and can barely fan. One of the guys I'm talking about even has a few bricks of them unopened! He just doesn't like them. I asked both people why there was so much hype over them. I got the same answer. "I don't know. Probably because Dan and Dave use them."

They last very long and are great for cuts, but they don't fan. They are overrated. Would I love to have one? Of course I would. I'm not denying that. They are just VERY overrated though.

-Doug

I hear a lot of talk how Jerry's don't fan at all, but I can fan them perfectly. Their more sturdy than regular cards for sure, making it slightly hard to fan, but yeah, still awesome.
I get a perfect fan every time, and yes their real Jerry's.
The fan isn't as smooth, but looks great.

If you don't believe me, I'll post a video soon along with a cut I'm working on.
I just want to get past that myth.

The reason why there's hype is because like any other rare item, everyone wants to get their hands on them. Plain and simple.

Oct 8, 2007
I hear a lot of talk how Jerry's don't fan at all, but I can fan them perfectly. Their more sturdy than regular cards for sure, making it slightly hard to fan, but yeah, still awesome.

If you don't believe me, I'll post a video soon along with a cut I'm working on.

The reason why there's hype is because like any other rare item, everyone wants to get their hands on them. Plain and simple.

You have Jerry's? I don't think a beginner (of course, no offense) should have them. You should probably be practicing more than you buy. Nothin' personal.

btw, how do you know Mike (Insert.Username.Here)?

Yeah please make a video because I don't think you know what perfect fans are.(no offense)

Jan 27, 2008
Lee used Jerry's before Dan and Dave were ever in the magic scene.

Just thought I'd share.

KE
And I just thought i'd share, they're not meant for magic, they're meant for cardistry. Sure you can use them for magic, but other cards like arrco's would be waaaaay better.

And I wouldn't say they're overrated because they can't fan. I use things like wynns for cuts and if I want to fan something I'll use palmetto's.

Plus what Jonas mentioned is incredibly obvious, and yet there are still people that think the way he is talking about. Cards don't make you skilled, it's just pleasant to try many kinds of them to see what finish, design, etc. fits you after you've been into cardistry a while. Personally I just use things like massa's, wynns and stuff for cuts and for fanning palmetto's and my fragment x deck. Also some of you may just be saying they don't fan because your noobs. Look at this:
it's not my fan but still, if you know how to fan well and how to apply powder it shouldn't be a problem.

I also noticed the guy who started this thread had the name 'Neo magic'. Like I said, for magic you want a deck that spreads nice, is thin, and has large borders... J's nuggets have none, so it's pretty easy to tell why you may think they're overrated.

Attachments

• j.jpg
    j.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 81
hey guys,

i have (couple of) decks myself, and to be honest.... i dont really like them.
i actually feel bad for the people who get them on ebay.
why you ask?
well, when you open a deck of JN's, you'll play with them.... after about 10 mins they start to clump up. leave them for a day and they're cool again. play for 10 mins, and the story repeats.

JN's are not worth their (current) price in my opinion, but hey; if you like them... go for it!

cheers,
Aron

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results