theory11 roundtable discussion - Richard Z

Jul 9, 2008
Wisconsin
What makes you prefer cardistry over magic tricks?

Do you think cardistry is meant to be shown to spectators or just a hobby?

Do you think cardistry can get just as good or even better reactions then magic tricks?

What's the longest amount of time you've spent practicing?

What's your favorite flourish?

Oct 28, 2007
Sydney Australia
1) If you perform magic, how do you incorporate flourishes into magic, when performing in front of an audience?
and also, do you find that cardistry somewhat downplays your magic due to the fact that it, shows off your dexterity thus emphasizing that it is all sleight of hand. (Lots of people differentiate magic from sleight of hand)

2) If you don't perform magic, what do you do when someone comes up to you and asks "can you show me a trick?"

Jul 29, 2008
What do your parents think about you flourishing?

Do they think it is a waste of time and it should be spent doing something beneficial (like studying or anything relating to education?).

Nov 23, 2007
NC
On occasion while trying to cover all spectrums Theory11 has released some 1-on-1s that taught more basic moves for beginners. The reponse from some was that in could be learned on a free tutorial at Decknique. Any comment?

Apr 30, 2008
PA
which do you prefer more, magic or cardistry? Do you like only do cardistry or do you do both and if you do both how do you incorperate flourishes into magic?

Apr 30, 2008
PA
well i have a few questions

What Exactially is decknuiqe, what are you doing their and how do you plan to make the artfrorm better? And is decknuiqe going to team up with T-11? What made you want to begin decknuiqe? whats your favourite flourishe and whos your favourite flourisher

Apr 30, 2008
PA
What advice would you give to a newer flourisher who is trying to perfect their flourishes and how do you creat a new flourish? does it just come to you or do you try to specify what you want?

Sep 1, 2007
What do you think of theory 11
Did you get the support of your parents, what do you recommend people to do if they don't have the support
Cheers
Andrew

Apr 30, 2008
PA
What do you do to make your flourishes more entertaining for people? some people get bored of them or dont think much of them.

Sorry if I duplicate any questions!

What are your influences in magic and cardistry?

What is your favorite flourish?

What are some of your major accomplishes in your magic/cardistry career?

How long have you been in magic and/or cardistry?

What is your advice when it comes to hecklers?

How do you handle JB? I'm sure he can be a pain sometimes. :p

Are there any secrets you'd like to get off of your chest?

Is there anything you've done in your magic/cardistry that you regret?

What is your least favorite flourish?

Who do you admire in magic? Cardistry?

What is(are) your job(s) like? What do you do in a normal day?

Do you have any dream careers besides magic/cardistry? In other words, did you always want to be a magician/cardist?

Is there anything major in magic/cardistry you want to accomplish in the coming future?

If you could meet one magician/cardist, dead or alive, who would it be?

--

That's all for now!

Feb 1, 2008
1. how difficult is it to run and maintain decknique

2. what is your fathers name

3. how often do you update decknique

Sep 3, 2007
1. Do you think magic should be combined with flourishing, or kept seperate.
2. Do you do anything specific to practice? (Ie. Listen to music, drink milk beforhand, think about JB's hair.)
3. What was the best performance you ever saw?

Sep 1, 2007
So I always have someone ask me to the trick where I get naked. I don't know what to do in that situation. What would you do?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results