DISTORTION review!

Sep 1, 2007
The effect: The effect is good and the idea (which has been around for awhile) is good also. The reactions I have had with this are on par and no better than a normal un-gimmicked 2 card transpo. It looks visually cool, but you have to keep the card moving to make sure your spectators don't notice the gimmick.

The gimmick- It is very well made, but it is delicate. I am the kind of person who hates working with things I'm afraid I will break. I usually just put my cards in my pocket without even the box (yes... I've already gotten grief about it from other magicians). I don't want to worry about taking delicate care of the gimmick while I'm in "performing mode." I am really paranoid about breaking it, and the reactions I've gotten so far are really not worth the extra care (for me.)

The DVD- very well made, very "ellusionist" like. The teaching is great (as always) and the visuals and the music on the DVD are good also.

Overall: I probably won't be using this very often because of the gimmick and my performing style (I do almost all mentalism). I'll probably play around with this for another 2 weeks and then just go back to a normal 2 card transpo (which, when presented right, can be just as powerful). Keep in mind, that this is just my personal opinion but I can see many people making good use of this effect. I'm glad I bought this and will probably keep thinking of new ideas with it. (I'll test it out some more in a corporate show this sunday). I was pleased with the effect and the "visual" aspect of it. Just keep in mind that care is needed to maintain the gimmick, in other words, don't just stick it somewhere in your deck.

Overall, this is a very good trick, just not something I'll be using that often.

If you have any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer them :).

Sep 2, 2007
How the DVD ellusionist like.It has the menus and explanations...oh and music so
I guess all DVDs are E like.You should really use the card box btw.

Just thought I'd point this out so that everyone knows why the Theory 11 DVDs are so 'E-like' (because I've heard it at least 10 times already).

Before Theory 11, Wayne Houchin (the T11 magician) and Dana Hocking (the production manager here at T11) produced most of Ellusionist's products that came after Stigmata. That means they edited it, made the menus, made the music and added all the transitions and effects to the DVDs. I think Dana even filmed a couple of them. If you watch the DVDs and previews for products like King's Rising and Ninja 1, that is what E products looked like before them. So when they came and formed Theory 11, they obviously took their editing styles with them. And that's why Theory 11 DVDs look so 'Ellusionist-like'.

Sep 2, 2007
Just thought I'd point this out so that everyone knows why the Theory 11 DVDs are so 'E-like' (because I've heard it at least 10 times already).

Before Theory 11, Wayne Houchin (the T11 magician) and Dana Hocking (the production manager here at T11) produced most of Ellusionist's products that came after Stigmata. That means they edited it, made the menus, made the music and added all the transitions and effects to the DVDs. I think Dana even filmed a couple of them. If you watch the DVDs and previews for products like King's Rising and Ninja 1, that is what E products looked like before them. So when they came and formed Theory 11, they obviously took their editing styles with them. And that's why Theory 11 DVDs look so 'Ellusionist-like'.

So its not really E like just Wayne and Dan like which is what it should be like....

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results