Short and sweet

Ive recently been getting noticed around school as a magician, and am being asked to do card tricks more frequently. However, the tricks in my repertoire are primarliy large impact tricks, and I would like some small, yet effective, tricks. any suggestions?

May 2, 2008
Pennsylvania
Hmm...

A simple sandwich effect such as FISH SANDWICH (Oz Pearlman) is so easy, but so effective. A quick force, and a mind reading revelation would also be quite good. Another thing you could do is just select a card, do a pass, and do a color change, yes, it get's great reactions (shapeshifter, classic color change...etc.).

I am not sure if a 2 card monte would fit under this category, but it is a great one to try. Anything from TRILOGY DISC 1 could also be a good option. Especially Hand to Mouth and SUBWAY.

Hopefully this helped!

Good luck,

-Sanj

EDIT: Iron Fist is what I believe the guy above me is talking about. Also, Chris Kenner's 1on1's such as Invisible Reverse, or Simple/Sloppy shuffle triumph are also wonderful. Pick up his book Totally Out of Control for some great effects that are indeed, short and sweet.

A simple sandwich effect such as FISH SANDWICH (Oz Pearlman) is so easy, but so effective. A quick force, and a mind reading revelation would also be quite good. Another thing you could do is just select a card, do a pass, and do a color change, yes, it get's great reactions (shapeshifter, classic color change...etc.).

I am not sure if a 2 card monte would fit under this category, but it is a great one to try. Anything from TRILOGY DISC 1 could also be a good option. Especially Hand to Mouth and SUBWAY.

Hopefully this helped!

Good luck,

-Sanj

EDIT: Iron Fist is what I believe the guy above me is talking about. Also, Chris Kenner's 1on1's such as Invisible Reverse, or Simple/Sloppy shuffle triumph are also wonderful. Pick up his book Totally Out of Control for some great effects that are indeed, short and sweet.

i do have the trilogy, and i have done hand to mouth once before, as well as i am working on subway,
thank you for the advice, ill work on those tricks

Nov 16, 2008
In the not to distant future
i love how someone mentioned oreo sandwich because i just came up with a trick that involves taking apart an oreo cookie, placing it in their hands covering it with yours give it a shake and its back together. as for simple effective tricks go with any simple card reversal, two card monte, simple triumph, asher twist. im sure that there is alreday a thread on this so... hope this helps. good luck

Nov 10, 2007
Here a few simple tricks I do at school that get great reactions:
Biddle trick
Technique Matthew Mello
Simple mindreading
Erdnase color change
Card in Hand Brad Christian
The Queens Dan and Dave buck
COLD by Dee Christopher

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results