D&D Trilogy - Queens

I am learning Queens on the Tricks DVD from Dan and Dave.

The move when vanishing the 3rd queen, like a snap change sort of move... Is that taught in more detail anywhere on the DVD? Or is that the only part of the DVD they teach it? I am not sure what the move is called, sorry.

Oct 24, 2007
It's the Cardini Change, which you should definitely learn. It's a great change that can be used for other things as well. But, you can also use the Ego Change. Peace!

Tyler

Jul 30, 2008
I PM-ed Jordan Lapping not too long ago about this and he told me that it is actully more inclined towards the ego change rather than the cardini change. I believe the explanation is sufficicent enough. Also, I don't recommend learning the cardini snap change for the 3rd vanish as a certain finger will get in the way, hindering in the clean-up (remove if this is considered exposure please). May I know what problem are you facing with this change? Perhaps you can Pm me and we can discuss this in more detail.

P.s. Why is this in the cardistry/flourishing section?

Edit : Alternatively, you can head on to D&D forums and PM the bucks about this. I'm sure that they'll help you. To answer your question, the best explanation for the specific change is on the Queens already. A briefer explanation(?) or perhaps demostration is avaliable at the collectors trick.

Last edited by a moderator:
OF COURSE!!!!! They teach you the cardini change in the Tivo 2.0 trick.

You must learn that change it's awesome!!!!!

Thank you, I shall take a look.

I PM-ed Jordan Lapping not too long ago about this and he told me that it is actully more inclined towards the ego change rather than the cardini change. I believe the explanation is sufficicent enough. Also, I don't recommend learning the cardini snap change for the 3rd vanish as a certain finger will get in the way, hindering in the clean-up (remove if this is considered exposure please). May I know what problem are you facing with this change? Perhaps you can Pm me and we can discuss this in more detail.

P.s. Why is this in the cardistry/flourishing section?

Edit : Alternatively, you can head on to D&D forums and PM the bucks about this. I'm sure that they'll help you

With the change, it is just getting the card to snap away from the deck, sometimes the deck spreads, or I cannot get it to snap quick enough.

I do not know why I put it in the flourish section, maybe because I see Dan and Dave more as card flourisher's rather than magicians. - Feel free to move the thread if necessary.

Oct 9, 2007
The change in Tivo 2 isn't the Cardini change, I believe it was made especially for Tivo 2, but I am not certain.

In my opinion the Ego is better than the Cardini. Different clean up and finger positions. And if you are having trouble getting the card to move away quick enough, try getting a thumb break underneath it.

Sep 2, 2007
London
The change is a variation on the Cardini change, and is very similar to the Ego change. The original Cardini change, published in Card Manipulations (or maybe More Card Manipulations, I can't remember off the top of my head), was performed without a break, whereas Dan and Dave's variation has a break, which, although harder to get into under-fire, makes it smoother and quieter.

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
To clear things up there are two "cardini" changes taught in the Trilogy. The first one is the normal cardini change taught in the queens explanation. The second one is taught in Tivo 2.0. This one is a special variation of the change that was made specifically for this effect.

-Kevin

Sep 30, 2008
Pittsburgh
For some reason I never learned the differences between the cardini and ego changes. Is there a major difference, or do they look basically the same?

The cardini change is supposed to be a more instant visual vanish/change. The ego change is supposed to be smoother and more elegant. Both have similar methods. the ego change is slightly different.

-Kevin

Sep 2, 2007
London
As far as I can see, it's to do with what fingers you use of your left (or "deck-holding" hand). There isn't a massive difference between the two, and I imagine that many people, when learning the Cardini change, will have adapted it into the Ego change.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results