Double-backed Cards Tricks

Nov 22, 2008
Germany
Hey Guys

So i have now the mirror deck and also a double backed card....could someone write a message to me which tricks i can do with it? ( If you want you can publish the list with the names of the tricks here in the thread too ,of course)
Thanks

Nov 29, 2008
You could put the double backer on the bottom of the deck to make it easy for a deck flip, while all the other cards will be face up.

Aug 18, 2008
there are numerous topics about this already
just use the search bar

Last edited by a moderator:
Nov 29, 2008
Sorry i should have explained more. If you put it on the bottom of the deck, you can show all the cards to be faced down. and if you can secretly turn it over with some misdirection or the cover of your hand, it looks like the deck is still face down. So, for instance, you could tell them to put his or her selected card in the deck face down, when in actuality they are putting it in face up in with the rest of the cards, which you can just turn back over and now there card is the only face up card in teh deck.. That is just one little use.

Oct 13, 2008
Nov 22, 2008
Germany
...or we could run through a few ;)

The Trick That Fooled Houdini. Dai Vernon. Basically an ambitious card with a double-backer and the Marlo Tilt. Worth learning. I do a variation of it without a double-backer, but it's excellent both ways.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tD5Vg-CAJFs&feature=related

Sun|Sky

thanks for helping...

I searched before and found a thread but all the people in this thread said: " you have a message" or " check your box" and this doesnt really helps me :(

hope to hear some other ideas ;)

"Encyclopedia of Card Tricks" by Jean Hugard has chapters devoted to DB & DF cards. The book is inexpensive and there are 600+ card effects.

Best regardz and Merry Christmas to all you Cardicians...

Domkabala

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
He means (I think) using the double as a convincer for the DL in the first phase - If you turn over a double say after a tilt (chosen card 2nd, double backer 2st), you can show them one card, replace and turn over the double again. It's just a nice little convincer - although, if's only really useful for one phase imo. No sense putting extra sleights in to control two cards to repeat that.

Sep 1, 2007
Cleveland, Ohio
Hey Guys

So i have now the mirror deck and also a double backed card....could someone write a message to me which tricks i can do with it? ( If you want you can publish the list with the names of the tricks here in the thread too ,of course)
Thanks[/QUOTE

DG's Satisfaction Guaranteed is my favorite all backs routine.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results