Is this Witness?

Sep 1, 2007
Like I say, never post anything on Youtube, unless the effect you are performing is completely original to you.

Sep 1, 2007
Not only that but the kid who posted that exposure is also bashing on T11... This is ridiculous, that is why we need to keep our magic to ourselves. Don't forget, with great power comes great responsibility and a snagle tooth girlfr... o wait... I digress....

Sep 1, 2007
UK
That was an absolutely terrible performance...

Trust me, Witness looks WAY better when performed correctly.

Sep 25, 2007
That was an absolutely terrible performance...

Trust me, Witness looks WAY better when performed correctly.

yes it was... but I'm glad I saw it. Why? cause if I spent 20 bucks on something like that, which was in lecture notes... id be pissed. I'm sure the routine is good, but even if i saw it I'm sure I would have figured it out anyways... this is kinda a lame exclusive, am I the only one that feels this way?

Sep 3, 2007
Canada, Quebec
yes it was... but I'm glad I saw it. Why? cause if I spent 20 bucks on something like that, which was in lecture notes... id be pissed. I'm sure the routine is good, but even if i saw it I'm sure I would have figured it out anyways... this is kinda a lame exclusive, am I the only one that feels this way?

With a sloppy performance, even the best magic effect will look lame...

But I don't get it...

you already knew that it's in the lecture notes, but you are saying that you'll probably spend the 20 bucks on it IF you have never seen the sloppy performance of that kid??? :confused:

So you realized that Witness is in the lecture notes after you saw that kid's video?

Sep 25, 2007
no no no, i didn't know that witness was deuce bag, I knew deuce bag was in lecture notes... but i didn't know what witness was until now. When i finally saw the performance video on T11 I would have figured it out. But that news came early... oh well, i still think its crappy to re-release stuff thats already been out, so far I'm still waiting on something actually truly original... so many "great-minds" still not much original, never before seen, material.

Sep 3, 2007
Canada, Quebec
no no no, i didn't know that witness was deuce bag, I knew deuce bag was in lecture notes... but i didn't know what witness was until now. When i finally saw the performance video on T11 I would have figured it out. But that news came early... oh well, i still think its crappy to re-release stuff thats already been out, so far I'm still waiting on something actually truly original... so many "great-minds" still not much original, never before seen, material.

Haha, I hope they will eventually ( even though I'm quite satisfied with Panic :p) But well, I guess they will probably just keep those never-before-seen stuff for themselves ;) jk

--------------------------------------------------------
(okay, I should be studying for midterms...)

Sep 1, 2007
UK
Oh I don't think Witness is worth the price it'll be seeing as you can get it in his notes.
The instructions in his notes are perfectly fine, with even visual learners being able to pick it up no probs.

I say get the notes as then you'll get Witness along with a bunch of others.

Witness looks better when performed with a spec.

Sep 1, 2007
Guys, we have a little problem. With all the negative comments on that video, the dude got pissed and is going to post a tutorial now. What do we do?

Sorry if this is at all my fault, I was just curious if this was witness.

Sep 25, 2007
Ok seriously? Is a tutorial even needed? I mean, come on... who watched that and didn't know EXACTLY how it was done already? Oh, and even if you contact the staff... they can't do anything about it, its written in the US copyright law that "ideas" can not be copyrighted, only items of tangible nature... it was my major in college, any other copyright questions feel free to PM me.

oh and a bit of copyright know-how... if the person uploads an actual copyrighted video to a foreign server... nothing can be done either :-\ foreign trade policies and agreements make it near impossible to hold a non-US citizen responsible for copyright laws.

Franlky, I kinda think that Asher and the staff might deserve it... I don't like being served left-overs, and thats what this feels like they were trying to do... maybe I'm wrong. Doesn't matter, it wasn't my style anyways.

Edit:

I just got done watching his video on youtube again... I wanted to check for any copyright infringment... and there is none. However, I would like to say that if people were nicer to the poor guy he probably would have taken it down or not said he would make a tutorial. I read the comments and it was down right mean, I can understand how his hurt feelings would lead to something like this (I'm not saying what he did was right at all!) "eye for and eye, leaves everyone blind."

Last edited by a moderator:

The Dark Angel

forum moderator / t11
Sep 1, 2007
Denver, Colorado
I found a video on Youtube of someone trying to perform what they called Wittness.
It was absolutely horrible, I mean, I wanted to stop practicing magic, it was so horrible.
Won't post the link or anything, because it's probably the same one.

Sep 1, 2007
Sure thing THEGUY26, I'll pm Dana.

Rember over at penguin, I was the dude who didn't get the trilogy for like two weeks so i bashed penguin in the trilogy po section. Good times.

Aug 31, 2007
Hey, I'm that "kid" you guys are trying to get to shut down his video. I'd just like to let you know, I've recently uploaded another video, my performance is much better now, you should check it out. I am also mad at Lee Asher for re-releasing an effect, and claiming a different title to it. That's pathetic. <3 ExcelBlue

Aug 31, 2007
Hey, I'm that "kid" you guys are trying to get to shut down his video. I'd just like to let you know, I've recently uploaded another video, my performance is much better now, you should check it out. I am also mad at Lee Asher for re-releasing an effect, and claiming a different title to it. That's pathetic. <3 ExcelBlue

Man, what is wrong with you? This performance is even WORSE than the first one! Please, show some respect for Lee and his work, and take the video down. You say you are mad at Lee for re-releasing an effect, and claiming a different title. Well, he created it, so he can do whatever he wants with it! Furthermore, it's not as if he's trying to pull the wool over anyone's eyes. It's been made clear already that the effect was previously available (and still is) in the Thinking Out Loud booklet. Again, please take the video down, you are only hurting yourself because it is clear what you are trying to do, and you look very foolish and doing it. Find another hobby to satisfy your childish need for attention.

Sep 14, 2007
P'cola Florida

Your performance is very very sloppy and like said before please take this down and Work on your magic.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results