Psychological Subtleties 3 Question?

Sep 10, 2007
Co.Dublin in Ireland
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knew wether or not psychological subleties 3 will be closer to psychological subleties 1 or 2. I really liked 1 so I was hoping that number 3 would be like it where as I didnt like 2 because it mainly was just tricks with a psychological presentation.:(

So I am really hoping it isnt just tricks with a psychological presentation but tricks using psychological techniques.

Can anyone clear this up for me?

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia
Well. I've heard it mentioned that 2 and 3 were closely linked at time of writing; furthermore, PS3 contains a lot of routines similar to PS2, so I would venture to take an educated guess and say that it will be closer to 2.

May 1, 2009
UK
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone knew wether or not psychological subleties 3 will be closer to psychological subleties 1 or 2. I really liked 1 so I was hoping that number 3 would be like it where as I didnt like 2 because it mainly was just tricks with a psychological presentation.:(

So I am really hoping it isnt just tricks with a psychological presentation but tricks using psychological techniques.

When Banachek written, Psychological Subtleties 2 it had a large amount of additional material, including commercial routines and tips from friends, that in total would have made that book too large to fit the format of the series. Also Banachek withheld some strong material with the intent of publishing a substantive companion to the series in a separate book. Psychological Subtleties 3 is the culmination of a lifetime of research and development, through live performances from Banachek with contributions from an eclectic group of colleagues and professionals around the globe who understood the value and impact of the ideas from the first book. This is from the dust jacket of Psychological Subtleties 3 giving you an idea of what volume 3 is about. One of the contributes for Psychological Subtleties 3 is Marc Spelmann, & believe me his work is excellent.

Jan 10, 2008
One of the contributes for Psychological Subtleties 3 is Marc Spelmann, & believe me his work is excellent.

Agreed, I definitely need to pick this up sometime. Psychological Subtleties is a deadly series. There are some things in the series that I swear you could start a religion with. :D

Nov 20, 2007
Sydney, Australia

Incidentally... PS2 was a LOT more than tricks with psychological presentations. I won't use most of the tricks. But a LOT of them have various lessons if you go back over them and read them carefully. The amount of info hidden within the effects is just spectacular. I'm combing through it with a notebook as we speak.

Jun 14, 2008
Unna, Germany
Hi there,

as I contributed two routines to Psychological Subtleties 2 and 3, maybe I can answer your question.

PS1 has been the foundation for some of the routines in PS2. I agree with you that there are routines in it that were not in PS1. But as said above this routines are far more than just tricks with a little psychology. My raven´s book of lies" depends nearly solely on Psychological Subtleties, not tricks in the sense of sleight of hand. My Raven´s Tale in PS3 though is as you said: A trick with a bit of psychology. But Oh so different. A whole new effect to the spectators. I use it when strolling tables and it is my opener.

But...

if you could not use PS2, you will find NO USE in PS3.

Ravi

DEADandGONE

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results