Voting Open|| 4 Coin Production Battle

Orb

Jul 19, 2009
Sweden
Ohh my bad.

Willabbotsm:
The main thing I react to in your video is that you start off by showing yourself in an unnatural position. There was not much to it, not you just preparing yourself, just moving your hands around casually, nothing.

The main issue here is not that I wish for a naturalistic style (meaning, doing magic by handling the coins like a layman would), I don't support that, however, I do want that whatever you do, comes out natural. What I saw was you standing in a very weird position, you were slightly bending over and your arms crossed, fingers forming a circle.

Me personally, I didn't buy it. And to a layman, I think he would find the fact that you just produced 4 coins out of nothing to be cool, but it wouldn't be magical because your body language speaks loudly that there's something fishy going on.

It can be these small things even, like when you put the coins down from your hands. That happened quite hesitatingly and slowly. And I'm not saying you would turn awesome if you did it different, just that it's these small convincers that sells.

Something else to point out, is that this is more or less camera dependant magic. Some would think it's lame, but I would rather say that it's more or less genius, that you use all the tools that you can. But that still doesn't excuse your rough start.

Other than that, you did manage to produce 4 coins from nowhere, and I give you great credits for that, but it could have been far more magical with these small convincers thrown in.

King of Spades:
I don't really see the reason for the intro, seems to make it more or less unfair, but I will still comment on it.

Your coin roll is great, no doubt, but it does get boring for one to watch too much. If you're going to go into this kind of editing stage with your video, I don't see why you had to include your face (no pun intended at all, came out very harsh heh). An extreme close-up shot of the coin roll could have added a great effect, but seeing you sit there and do coin rolls in one cut, staring down at your hand with a dominant and cocky look, it doesn't give a good impression. At least you could have looked elsewhere and tried to make it look like it's the easiest thing in the world to do. Your coin roll was once again, impressively great, but it didn't look easy, which is the charm of the flourish.

The splitting of the coin... you're submitting a video for a 4 coin production. I'll accept the coin rolls as a cool intro, but the splitting of the coin, all of a sudden adding magic to your cool flourish intro, just seemed pointless and unnecessary.This intro does give you an advantage, because it is indeed effective and gives a cool impression of yourself. But since you're here to battle for a 4 coin production why would you need, or want that?

Moving on to the 4 coin production. The intro here as well is quite rough, we start off by getting to watch you use the cards instantly. I would have preferred to see your hands start from elsewhere, move and grab on to the cards and then do your routine.

The placement of the aces are at times a bit hesitated, but overall quite cool.

Now when you produce the coins... that is magical. When I watched that video the first time I saw magic. There's not that much more to say about it, the production of the coins were highly visual, and unexpected. A strong and amazing illusion, very cool and very impressive.

As a conclusion I wish to say that both videos were great, could use improvement (like everyone and everything) but bottom line managed to produce 4 coins out of nowhere.

King of Spades you get my vote because you showed me magic, but in the future get to the point and leave the fancy intros.

Willabbotsm, I have no doubts that you would be able to show me magic as well, you just need to add these small convincers and I'll be sold.

Good job both of you!

Ohh my bad.

Willabbotsm:
The main thing I react to in your video is that you start off by showing yourself in an unnatural position. There was not much to it, not you just preparing yourself, just moving your hands around casually, nothing.

The main issue here is not that I wish for a naturalistic style (meaning, doing magic by handling the coins like a layman would), I don't support that, however, I do want that whatever you do, comes out natural. What I saw was you standing in a very weird position, you were slightly bending over and your arms crossed, fingers forming a circle.

Me personally, I didn't buy it. And to a layman, I think he would find the fact that you just produced 4 coins out of nothing to be cool, but it wouldn't be magical because your body language speaks loudly that there's something fishy going on.

It can be these small things even, like when you put the coins down from your hands. That happened quite hesitatingly and slowly. And I'm not saying you would turn awesome if you did it different, just that it's these small convincers that sells.

Something else to point out, is that this is more or less camera dependant magic. Some would think it's lame, but I would rather say that it's more or less genius, that you use all the tools that you can. But that still doesn't excuse your rough start.

Other than that, you did manage to produce 4 coins from nowhere, and I give you great credits for that, but it could have been far more magical with these small convincers thrown in.

King of Spades:
I don't really see the reason for the intro, seems to make it more or less unfair, but I will still comment on it.

Your coin roll is great, no doubt, but it does get boring for one to watch too much. If you're going to go into this kind of editing stage with your video, I don't see why you had to include your face (no pun intended at all, came out very harsh heh). An extreme close-up shot of the coin roll could have added a great effect, but seeing you sit there and do coin rolls in one cut, staring down at your hand with a dominant and cocky look, it doesn't give a good impression. At least you could have looked elsewhere and tried to make it look like it's the easiest thing in the world to do. Your coin roll was once again, impressively great, but it didn't look easy, which is the charm of the flourish.

The splitting of the coin... you're submitting a video for a 4 coin production. I'll accept the coin rolls as a cool intro, but the splitting of the coin, all of a sudden adding magic to your cool flourish intro, just seemed pointless and unnecessary.This intro does give you an advantage, because it is indeed effective and gives a cool impression of yourself. But since you're here to battle for a 4 coin production why would you need, or want that?

Moving on to the 4 coin production. The intro here as well is quite rough, we start off by getting to watch you use the cards instantly. I would have preferred to see your hands start from elsewhere, move and grab on to the cards and then do your routine.

The placement of the aces are at times a bit hesitated, but overall quite cool.

Now when you produce the coins... that is magical. When I watched that video the first time I saw magic. There's not that much more to say about it, the production of the coins were highly visual, and unexpected. A strong and amazing illusion, very cool and very impressive.

As a conclusion I wish to say that both videos were great, could use improvement (like everyone and everything) but bottom line managed to produce 4 coins out of nowhere.

King of Spades you get my vote because you showed me magic, but in the future get to the point and leave the fancy intros.

Willabbotsm, I have no doubts that you would be able to show me magic as well, you just need to add these small convincers and I'll be sold.

Good job both of you!

I threw that in at the last second, I wanted there to be something while text rolled across the screen. I was watching it through and it just looked plain. So around an hour before I attempted to submit the video, I threw the video camera to my brother and told him to tape me doing my coin roll. I tried to show my face as little as possible by zooming in but then it got all pixelated and looked bad... So I decided to keep my face in it. I'll keep it simple from now on.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results