Saturday Night Contest - Do You Remember?

jonraiker

vp of development
Team member
Aug 5, 2007
Florida
instagram.com
The study of mnemonics has served as a constant area of interest and inspiration among magicians and mentalists. The ability of the mind to memorize and recall information at a moment's notice continues to fascinate the general public - it's more real than any piece of magic. Tonight, you will demonstrate the impossible using nothing more than a standard pack of playing cards and your brain.

Your goal tonight is to create and memorize (card by card) a full deck stack from top to bottom - starting with the deck face down. You may memorize as many cards as your mnemonic allows and you have a little more than three hours to do so. Feel free to use your phone number, birth date, or any other system to generate the stack. The possibilities are limitless. Note that the deck cannot be in an existing, published stack - it has to be of your own creation tonight. Trust me... we'll know. ;)

As soon as you think you have it down, record a video of you recalling the cards one by one from the top of the face down deck... blindfolded. This is solely to ensure each submission is fair and honest (i.e., no deck trickery). All entries must be uploaded to Youtube, Vimeo, or Drop.io and submitted as a response to this thread no later than 11:00pm EST. The participant to recall the most cards from their pack will win a six pack of playing cards - your choice - on the house.

In the event that multiple members memorize the complete deck, the first person to have posted their video will take home the prize - so be sure and get your entry in as quickly as possible! With that said, fire up your noggin and start the memorization.

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
The study of mnemonics has served as a constant area of interest and inspiration among magicians and mentalists. The ability of the mind to memorize and recall information at a moment's notice continues to fascinate the general public - it's more real than any piece of magic. Tonight, you will demonstrate the impossible using nothing more than a standard pack of playing cards and your brain.

Your goal tonight is to create and memorize (card by card) a full deck stack from top to bottom - starting with the deck face down. You may memorize as many cards as your mnemonic allows and you have a little more than three hours to do so. Feel free to use your phone number, birth date, or any other system to generate the stack. The possibilities are limitless. Note that the deck cannot be in an existing, published stack - it has to be of your own creation tonight. Trust me... we'll know. ;)

As soon as you think you have it down, record a video of you recalling the cards one by one from the top of the face down deck... blindfolded. This is solely to ensure each submission is fair and honest (i.e., no deck trickery). All entries must be uploaded to Youtube, Vimeo, or Drop.io and submitted as a response to this thread no later than 11:00pm EST. The participant to recall the most cards from their pack will win a six pack of playing cards - your choice - on the house.

In the event that multiple members memorize the complete deck, the first person to have posted their video will take home the prize - so be sure and get your entry in as quickly as possible! With that said, fire up your noggin and start the memorization.

does it need to be virtually undetectable at a moments notice?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
so then how does that affect the first person to memorize a stack rule? are you simply going to choose the best stack at the end?

You can use any order you like as long as it is not a published, existing stack. The first one to post a video blindfolded reciting the full deck, accurately, with the suits, takes home the prize. If no one posts a video with the full deck recited, then the person who recites the most cards wins. Every single person here can do 10 cards right away - your phone number. All you have to do is 42 more cards and you take home the prize. ;)

Have with this one!

gio

May 3, 2009
Poland
i've memorise the deck :p but my cam do not record sound, any ideas?

edit: can i write on paper or something?? :)

Feb 7, 2010
This may seem like a really dumb question, but im serious...I cant find anything to blindfold my self with, please can i put a paper bag or a black plastic bag over my head?

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
This may seem like a really dumb question, but im serious...I cant find anything to blindfold my self with, please can i put a paper bag or a black plastic bag over my head?

No, definitely not. In order to win, you have to be alive. Use a t-shirt or something like that. If all else fails, tape two cards to your forehead. Be safe.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results