Where can I learn the Sybil flourish?

Jun 10, 2010
I've heard lots of things about a certain XCM cut called "Sybil", and in the trailer for "Motion", by daniel+Madison, I've seen lots of variations of sybil. I've seen a few videos of sybil and am currently looking into learning it, but have no idea of any good resources to learn sybil. Anybody here know a great place to learn it, preferably in a visual manner (Videos over books are appreciated)

Apr 5, 2009
Illinois
the original is in chris kenners book 'totally out of control' theres supposed to be a video set on the book coming... its been in the works for a long time

for further reference, post these kind of things in the product questions section

Jun 10, 2010
Thanks for the advice.

Was the book a pretty good place to learn? (I'm anxious to learn it, I've heard TOOC won't be coming out for a while)

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
Also, forgot to add THE BOOK HAS AMAZING MATERIAL! Not only are you getting a great flourish, you're getting a plethora of hard hitting, amazing effects. Both the card worker, and coin worker get strong material from this.

Oct 14, 2009
The everythingelse disc on Dan and Dave's Trilogy set teaches the sybil, along with the flourishes disc as one of the phases in Jackson 5. But definitely pick up TOOC. The sybil most people refer to is the Five Faces of Sybil, which is what is taught on the before mentioned sources.

May 18, 2008
I actually couldn't learn it from either TOOC (at ALL) or Dan and Dave's DVD. Then again, I have never been a fast learner and had NO flourishing experience.

I actually learned the basic movements from Motion (by Daniel Madison) and then went back to the book and was able to see what I was missing.

I really didn't like that book either; I love Chris Kenner, but I couldn't stand the book for the explanations. It is possible, just a lot more challenging than it should be.

Hope that helps!

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
That's not THE Sybil. That's the Five Faces of Sybil.

The Original Sybil is in the book and not alot of people actually do it (or even know how it looks like). It's a very simple flourish.

Serious... I am not a hard core Cardist, but I have always said that this is Sybil.... I was planning on getting TOOC for some time, but now I might have to speed the purchase up. Thanks for the update.

Sep 12, 2007
Normandy, FRANCE
I learned it in"Miracles for Mortals" by Geoff Williams, he does a prettu good explanation using 5 numbered cards, and though you can tell that Geoff is not an XCMer, he does a good job teaching it...with permission of Chriss Kenner !

Jan 5, 2010
Alabama
It is a book for the advanced student that is willing to put in the time to learn these effects.

Don't think he will hold your hand through each effect, it's up to you to take his explanation and learn it.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results