making coin gaffs

Nov 3, 2009
not that i have ANY intention on making any gaffs, but im curious to know HOW they're made. What tools, machines, methods, and so forth. I just got digital dissolve and being ive never had any coin gaffs before was really intrigued how great it looks (and ive heard its not a high quality one at that). If someone can point me in the direction of some readings, that would be superb.

Jun 20, 2009
near paris
not that i have ANY intention on making any gaffs, but im curious to know HOW they're made. What tools, machines, methods, and so forth. I just got digital dissolve and being ive never had any coin gaffs before was really intrigued how great it looks (and ive heard its not a high quality one at that). If someone can point me in the direction of some readings, that would be superb.

good thread ! and i also want to know if they ask the governement

Jan 19, 2009
i think that when they are making a gaffed english coin they have to consult the company because its a law to deface the queens head in any way (does this mean it is illegal to write on a coin in england :O) i'm in the process of getting a coin gaff made but it is incredibly simple and literally takes two minutes...

however i am very intrigued in this subject too

Nov 3, 2009
i think that when they are making a gaffed english coin they have to consult the company because its a law to deface the queens head in any way (does this mean it is illegal to write on a coin in england :O) i'm in the process of getting a coin gaff made but it is incredibly simple and literally takes two minutes...

however i am very intrigued in this subject too

so just keep the head intact. :p

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results