TnR Question

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
Sorry to disappoint you, but if you know anything about Mathieu Bich's stuff, he thinks up the most incredible gimmicks. I doubt its impromptu.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Mathieu's effects fool me like nothing I've ever seen. I remember watching the original video of TnR over and over again, and it blew me away every time. His Spreadwave effect is pretty breathtaking to watch as well. Brilliant.

Without getting into the method, yes-- TnR will be available as a download on the date of release.

Sep 22, 2007
honostlly, i HIGHLLY DOUBT ther will be a gimmick. ill give 100 sarcasm bucks to the person to find me a gimicked torn and restored card trick. how would that work? an invisible clip that clips them together? im taking about a real gimmick. not tape and wax.

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
I still stand behind its gimmicked. And I can't believe you don't like his stuff. I got his lecture notes from his website and they are so amazing. Every effect is a gem, not one that I would not use.

I still stand behind its gimmicked. And I can't believe you don't like his stuff. I got his lecture notes from his website and they are so amazing. Every effect is a gem, not one that I would not use.
Well just because it will be downloadable does not mean that it will be impromptu. It will probably have a set-up behind it (I'm familiar with Matthew's work, which is why I'm agreeing with you).

Sep 1, 2007
if by "gimmick" you mean a 2nd card, the one you actually tear up, then yea.

there are very few torn and restored routines invovling gimmicks and I thikn the ones that I know of are expensive.

the only thing I don't like about this routine is how the "kicker" is, your card has changed to a different card!!! all it means is that you obviously didn't RESTORE the card. same goes for other T&R effects that tout a "kicker ending" of a VANISH or something ridiculous. this is why I still like TORN because you can prove the card is restored, by handing out their signed card at the end.

TKH

Aug 31, 2007
Wisconsin
its different,I believe tnr is probably quite close to Chris Kenner's Torn Asunder, search for david copperfield baseball card to see a vid of that. And I believe you mean Yves Domergue's Ripped and Restored, not Daniel Garcia's Torn.

Sep 1, 2007
its different,I believe tnr is probably quite close to Chris Kenner's Torn Asunder, search for david copperfield baseball card to see a vid of that. And I believe you mean Yves Domergue's Ripped and Restored, not Daniel Garcia's Torn.

From what I hear, it's far more visual than Torn Asunder. I would think so too. I am also %100 sure there's no gimmick. There is one interesting T&R I know of where you cut out a corner of a card, and visually restore it without any cover. It's an old trick, but interesting.

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
The kicker ending is what seals the deal and knocks the socks off of anyone watching. When I saw it, I had to do a double take. I'd encourage withholding judgment until you see it and how fair and clean it all is. You don't HAVE to perform it like that, though-- if you want to just do a straight up torn and restored, you can easily do it like that as well.

The routine and technique are far different than Danny's Torn; both are sweet. Preview video coming tonight at 11...

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results