Would like to hear your opinion on this video

Hey guys,

lately I filmed a video with a good friend of mine basically to document some of my ideas and my progress with flourishes. I also wanted to create a video with a mysterious touch. I was inspired by Daniel Madison with this and I really would like to know what you guys think about it. Even more importantly I would like to know how I can improve myself. Every comment either positive or negative is helpful. Enjoy!
Cheers
David

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LgYZNq8D4w

Jul 14, 2010
Croatia
Very nice, I especially liked your Top shots and Sybil in the Rain.

A little tip on the thumb fan, try to do it horizontally, then just lift it up - it will be much rounder that way. Making a round thumb fan with a deck in vertical position takes a lot of practice, but if lifting of the fan is done at speed, spectators won't see the difference.

Cheers!

Oct 27, 2011
India
Cool video! Personally , loved the sybil in the rain variation and your 4 ace production. And actually it was a pressure fan.
And was that OPP 2.0 at 2:34?. Anyway loved the video, still sad to see all those cards dropped in the woods.

P.S Loved the watch

Cool video! Personally , loved the sybil in the rain variation and your 4 ace production. And actually it was a pressure fan.
And was that OPP 2.0 at 2:34?. Anyway loved the video, still sad to see all those cards dropped in the woods.

P.S Loved the watch

Thank you for the kind words Punyesh. The sleight at 2:34 is actually a utility move I came up with some time ago. I think I do a tutorial on this one in near future. Dont worry about the cards it was a very old deck and no cards were harmed during the making of the video ;)

Very nice, I especially liked your Top shots and Sybil in the Rain.

A little tip on the thumb fan, try to do it horizontally, then just lift it up - it will be much rounder that way. Making a round thumb fan with a deck in vertical position takes a lot of practice, but if lifting of the fan is done at speed, spectators won't see the difference.

Cheers!

Thank you ver much for the tip renome. The small nuances really make a difference but sometimes they are just to small to be recognized on your own. I will keep the thing with the fan in mind. Thanks again.

Cheers
David

Oct 27, 2011
India
Dont worry about the cards it was a very old deck and no cards were harmed during the making of the video ;)

Glad to hear that. And on a side note, i don't know about others but i've found spectators actually find a fan better with a white deck, rather than a black deck.Also an imperfect fan can be covered much better in a white deck. Just my two cents.

formula

Elite Member
Jan 8, 2010
I don't particularly like the music and it's too long but it's a great video nonetheless. I'm not sure how you can improve with the content, it's all very good. Just keep doing your thing and try different film styles to keep it fresh.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results