Random Idea

Nov 27, 2009
Has anyone ever thought about doing a magic trick with a Slinky? I got one for Christmas and thought about doing a "linking Slinky's" trick. I'm currently working on something. If you're interested, I'll post a video of the rough trick that I've got so far using a slinky and a solid metal ring.

Apr 25, 2009
Yorktown, VA
Has anyone ever thought about doing a magic trick with a Slinky? I got one for Christmas and thought about doing a "linking Slinky's" trick. I'm currently working on something. If you're interested, I'll post a video of the rough trick that I've got so far using a slinky and a solid metal ring.

I do this awesome trick with a slinky that makes it walk down the stairs by it self =P

Feb 18, 2011
I created this thing about a year ago where I would spring a deck of cards like twice and then in the third time the deck vanishes as I bring my hand into the air and turns into a slinky ( since you can stretch a slinky out and it mimics a deck spring ) Its all in one fluid motion and it looks bawling :)

just curious, im trying to visualize what you mean. Are you talking about getting 2 slinkys and linking them as one? if you are, i dont think that would make a good trick. Back in the day, me and my friends would always accidentally tangle, or "link" our slinkys together, now getting them apart was the hard part.

Oct 22, 2011
California
I actually think the tangling of a slinky and separating it might look kinda cool if done in a magical way. Also maybe like a crazy man's handcuff type trick where the slinky passes through the other and you include a few audience members to help. I haven't heard of any slinky tricks before, but I do like the sound of what Dalton said for the trick he made. Will that ever be released?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results