What is this?

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Hey everyone,
I just recieved a generous gift. It looks like a coin set that would be used for a large routine but I have no Idea what.

The coins and gaffs are as follows:
2 50 Cent pieces and one shell
2 Chinese coins, with one shell. This shell fits a coin that is half dollar on one side and a 20 peso coin on the other.
I then have 2 english penny shells, and another coin with and English penny on one side and a half dollar on the other. The double sided coin fits into one of the shells, it then all fits into the other English penny shell.
I then have 2 normal 20 peso coins.

So that's it, lots of variety :) I just cant figure out how to use half of these!

Jan 20, 2009
California
The one with the English penny is called hopping half
check out youtube there is alot of perfomances once you
see it you figure it out it pretty simple, as far as the other
ones i cant help you with those but hopefully some one else here can.

May 21, 2011
Bedford, England
The double sided coin (with English Penny on one side, Half Dollar on the other) is a very old coin gimmick known as the Copper/Silver coin. You can do many things with this coin such as Copper/Silver Transpos and other sorts of effects.

You can purchase a DVD by Cameron Francis and Dave Forrest called 'Attack of the Copper Silver Coin!' (Yes, strange title!) which is a DVD with 11 routines, all of them use the coin gimmick in some fashion. You can buy the DVD at Full52.com and (I think) other good magic stores.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
The double sided coin (with English Penny on one side, Half Dollar on the other) is a very old coin gimmick known as the Copper/Silver coin. You can do many things with this coin such as Copper/Silver Transpos and other sorts of effects.

You can purchase a DVD by Cameron Francis and Dave Forrest called 'Attack of the Copper Silver Coin!' (Yes, strange title!) which is a DVD with 11 routines, all of them use the coin gimmick in some fashion. You can buy the DVD at Full52.com and (I think) other good magic stores.

It's not a normal copper silver coin though. There are two, one is small enough to fit into a penny shell that then nests in another penny shell. The other fits inside of a Chinese coin. Both coins are smaller and thinner than traditional copper silver coins.

Aug 17, 2010
Sounds like you have a Hopping Half set, and a Copper/Silver/Brass set. You can likely find the stock routines online.

The penny/half with the shell is actually called "sun & moon", and is different from a copper/silver.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
Sounds like you have a Hopping Half set, and a Copper/Silver/Brass set. You can likely find the stock routines online.

The penny/half with the shell is actually called "sun & moon", and is different from a copper/silver.

The penny half is small enough to fit into a penny shell that then nests in another penny shell. T

he peso fits inside of a Chinese coin. Both coins are smaller and thinner than traditional copper silver coins.

I suppose it could be a copper silver brass bronze set? does that exist?

Last edited by a moderator:

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
I was able to track down the guy who gave it to me, he said it's a copper, silver, brass set that he bought to use in Cody Fisher's routine. Thanks for your help guys. Sorry I didn't listen very well :/

Sep 24, 2012
hmm interesting. i should say i am not familiar with this trick. i will look in to it and post more about it

Oct 4, 2012
I was able to track down the guy who gave it to me, he said it's a copper, silver, brass set that he bought to use in Cody Fisher's routine. Thanks for your help guys. Sorry I didn't listen very well :/
It looks more like a set put together from other sets. In addition to the other effects named, the kennedy shell, the kennedy/centavo, and one centavo make an up an effect called Scotch and Soda so named because it's a sucker effect/bar bet and the patter is about betting a Scotch and Soda.

Aug 16, 2011
Hi friends,

you can try to see amigosmagic trip video online, then I hope you will properly known about this trip.

This has nothing to do with this topic; also, your thread in the coin section had nothing to do with coins, or magic in general. Looks like we got ourselves a spammer here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results