Saturday Night Contest - Movie Poster

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope you all are having a great weekend so far! Just a few days ago, we posted a pic on Instagram of Daniel Radcliffe with Monarch Playing Cards. This was a part of the first official poster for the movie Now You See Me 2, which will hit theaters June 10th! Let's be real here - there's almost nothing cooler than Daniel Radcliffe and Monarchs. ;)

We felt that the movie poster would serve as great inspiration behind this week's contest. What's the challenge? Your objective is to take a dramatic shot featuring yourself (or another person) and any deck of your choice. It could be Monarchs, Bicycles, your favorite deck, etc. All we ask is that you make your shot look like it's part of a promo for a movie (use the Daniel Radcliffe photo as inspiration).

What is the judging criteria that we are looking for? Composition, lighting, and feel will play a factor in deciding the winner. We will also be looking for the setting of your shot. We do not want to see a shot with your bed and clothes in the background. Can you trigger emotion behind your shot? Pretend this image is being advertised for a movie. You want to make sure your picture grabs attention, and make sure it's memorable. Be creative as well, as all of this will be factored into the judging process.

Post the image to Instagram using the hashtag #theory11 and in the description of the image, make up a name for a movie that goes with your image. It can be any movie name (even a name that exists already). You can also put this text on your image, but beware of using the wrong font type. A font can make or break your poster, so do this with caution (it is not necessary).

Once your image is posted to Instagram, post the link to it in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, February 21st. Once time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner based on the criteria listed above.

What can you take home? 1,000 Elite Member Points, 3 Decks of Monarch Playing Cards, and a deck of ultra-rare Gold Monarch Playing Cards, shipped on the house, anywhere in the world.

We look forward to seeing your movie posters!

Last edited:
Reactions: Gabriel Z.

theSunnyG

Elite Member
Mar 3, 2012
This is a great SNC. But no text on the actual image? But that's what adds to the movie poster style! :(

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
This is a great SNC. But no text on the actual image? But that's what adds to the movie poster style! :(

We didn't want text on the image itself as the wrong font chosen could break the feel of the image. We have edited the rules to allow it, but only put text on your image if you are confident it fits with the feel.

Dean Magic

Elite Member
Jun 13, 2013
Florida
Could I find a picture of a celebrity and use photoshop to create an original movie poster? I'm guessing it would be fine as long as I'm doing more than just adding a deck of cards to an existing movie poster.

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Could I find a picture of a celebrity and use photoshop to create an original movie poster? I'm guessing it would be fine as long as I'm doing more than just adding a deck of cards to an existing movie poster.

You can, but it is not encouraged, as sometimes you can tell if an image has been photoshopped. We would much rather have an actual image of either you or someone else in the shot.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results