Saturday Night Contest - Now You See It

j.bayme

ceo / theory11
Team member
Jul 23, 2007
New York City
Hey guys, hope everyone is having a great start to their weekend! In case you missed the announcement, we are hosting a red carpet event for Now You See Me 2, LIVE on Facebook from the premiere in NYC on Monday night!

Join us from the official Now You See Me Facebook page as Blake Vogt and Andrei Jikh will be interviewing and teaching people magic and cardistry! It's an event you do NOT want to miss, so stay tuned to Facebook Monday night! Without further ado, let's get right into this week's challenge!

Now you see it, now you don't. The challenge this week is to make something VANISH. It can be a coin, a deck, a person, a chair, a Sharpie, anything you like. The only rule is that you cannot use camera cuts/edits to accomplish the vanish. Fair and square. Your effect does not have to be original. It just has to look smooth, natural, and deceptive.

Upload your performance to YouTube or Vimeo, and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by tomorrow, Sunday, June 5th, at 11:00pm EST. After time is up, our panel of judges will go through each submission and declare a winner based on which performance we believe the best and most deceptive.

What can you take home if you win? 1,000 Elite Member Points and 6 Decks of Now You See Me 2 Playing Cards!

We're excited to see what you guys come up with. Start brainstorming!

Reactions: dklegacy13
Jun 4, 2016
Hi Jonathan!

This is a coin routine I have put together. 3 appearances and 3 vanishes. No cuts or edits to accomplish the appearance or the vanish effects, but I do use transition frame effects in between each stage for viewing clarity. Hope it is ok!

Thanks and best wishes everyone!

Love,
Jack

PS: is multiple submission ok?

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results