Red or Blue?

Jun 29, 2015
Quick question. After watching the Virts' "Versus" for the 105th time, I began wondering, they use blue backed cards for their standard examples. I.e. the tally ho and bike decks they use are blue. When doing cardistry, which color or bikes or tallys do you think looks better? Or does it not matter to you?

Apr 19, 2015
Florence, Italy
I as well prefer blue backed cards, i think it stands out more. Also the back design itself is more clear in blue.
Higher frequency electromagnetic ligh wave are more eye-catching?

By the way, in my opinion, that video is the perfect example that it's not important what deck you use, but the things you can do.
For me, they proved the opposite they wanted to prove: Tally's and Bicycle's flourishes were as effective (if not more) as the "deckdesignedforcardistry" flourishes.

Jun 29, 2015
I as well prefer blue backed cards, i think it stands out more. Also the back design itself is more clear in blue.
Higher frequency electromagnetic ligh wave are more eye-catching?

By the way, in my opinion, that video is the perfect example that it's not important what deck you use, but the things you can do.
For me, they proved the opposite they wanted to prove: Tally's and Bicycle's flourishes were as effective (if not more) as the "deckdesignedforcardistry" flourishes.

I think you're right, blue cards do seem a bit cleaner.

Also, seeing versus had the same effect on me. I thought, damn, people need to flourish with bikes more often!

Thanks for the reply.

Reactions: MarcoLostSomething
Mar 6, 2015
I do not know too much about cardistry, but I think that blue back cards are better, because blue color contrasts with red and black pips on card faces.

May 3, 2016
I'm currently working on wearing out a deck that's almost 50/50 because I left them at someones house, and they didn't exactly care about organizing it back into a set before shoving it back into the box... So it has a bunch of duplicates, and bugged me for quite awhile knowing I may not have all my cards. Ug. Oh yeah, and if you riffle through a 50/50 deck quickly, you see purple.

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results