Questions on Karl Fulves Self-Working Card Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 26, 2016
Hello!

While I am studying the sleights of the royal road to card magic book, I would like to study self-working card tricks also. I have been searching magic forums regarding recommendations on books on self-working card tricks. People recommended Scarne on Card Tricks, Card College Light, Lighter and Lightest, Karl Fulves Self-Working Card Tricks etc.

I decided that I would like to buy one of Karl Fulves Self-Working Card Tricks book because I do not have much money. I have 2 questions:

1. There are several books of Karl Fulves Self-Working Card Tricks. Can anyone describe the differences, which would they recommend and why?

2. https://www.amazon.com/Self-Working...5360&sr=1-1&keywords=self+working+card+tricks. Is this the cheapest self-working card tricks book available online?

Thank you so much!

- Alex -

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
I'll start off by saying that I love Scarne on Card Tricks and think that is the best value. It may be that Scarne's book was one of the first books I got and I still perform effects from it.

Karl Fulves work is wonderful - both the published self working stuff to the rare manuscripts on riffle stacking. The difference between the books is the effects contained in the books. I have Self-Working Card Tricks (around $6) and Foolproof Card Tricks (which contains the books New Self Working Card Tricks and More Self Working Card Tricks) (around $11, I'm not sure why the price on Amazon is like $35). Both are very good.

Get the book you are looking at. You won't be disappointed.

Jun 26, 2016
I'll start off by saying that I love Scarne on Card Tricks and think that is the best value. It may be that Scarne's book was one of the first books I got and I still perform effects from it.

Karl Fulves work is wonderful - both the published self working stuff to the rare manuscripts on riffle stacking. The difference between the books is the effects contained in the books. I have Self-Working Card Tricks (around $6) and Foolproof Card Tricks (which contains the books New Self Working Card Tricks and More Self Working Card Tricks) (around $11, I'm not sure why the price on Amazon is like $35). Both are very good.

Get the book you are looking at. You won't be disappointed.

Thank you for your reply. I would also like to ask if all the tricks in Karl Fulves Self-Working Card Tricks and Scarne on Card Tricks are done with a normal deck of cards? I do not like using gimmick cards.

RealityOne

Elite Member
Nov 1, 2009
New Jersey
All of the effects use a normal deck or a packet of cards from a normal deck.

Also, don't abandon the use of gimmicks so quickly. Remember, the spectator never sees the gimmick. Focus on what the spectator sees, not what the magician knows.

Reactions: Mr.Book

Neapersonal

Elite Member
Nov 11, 2016
I am reading the self working card tricks from Karl Fulves and having a dificult time with his trick “Spello” on pages 6-7, I think there is a misprint on the way it should be done. Has anyone be able to do this trick following his instructions in the book???

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
No thread bumping, please. This thread is two years old. If you want to ask a question, start a new thread.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results