Saturday Night Contest - Lord of the Rings

CaseyRudd

Director of Operations
Team member
Jun 5, 2009
Charleston, SC
www.instagram.com
Hey guys, hope everyone is having a great weekend! In case you missed the announcement, we are now carrying DEPARTURE by Chris Smith, a secret utility that allows you to visually VANISH a borrowed ring - then make it reappear LINKED to your key ring. Departure features an all-new training video from Patrick Kun, loaded with tips and details to help make this effect look absolutely flawless. If you've ever wanted to perform the ultimate ring flight, you can get it right here at theory11.

This week's contest is all about the ring. The challenge is to create and/or perform an effect that involves a ring. To be clear, it is not limited to just finger rings; it can be anything ring-shaped. For example: a linking rings effect with playing cards cut out in the shape of rings. If the ring is circular, it is fair game for this contest. More general examples would be as follows: make a ring levitate from one hand to the other, make it vanish and reappear in another location, make the ring impossibly penetrate through your fingers. Tons and tons of possibilities for this week's challenge, so start brainstorming!

We are looking for overall creativity and execution. For a better chance at winning, we want to see something that elevates an already existing effect or something that we've never seen before. Bonus points will also be awarded if you fool us!

Film and upload your performance of your effect to either YouTube, Instagram, or Vimeo, and post the link to your video in response to THIS forum thread by no later than 11:00pm EST tomorrow, Sunday, July 17th. After time is up, our panel of judges will go through all submissions and decide on a winner based on the criteria listed above.

What will the winner receive? 1,000 Elite Member Points and DEPARTURE by Chris Smith, shipped on the house, anywhere in the world.

Good luck!

Jan 13, 2016
Ohh, I got my linking rings damaged, and I'll get key ring tommorow or in Tuesday. What's a bad luck. But I'll try to invent something original with my standard rings. Good luck everyone!

Gabriel Z.

Elite Member
Apr 26, 2013
NY
www.youtube.com
I will be sitting out this Saturday Night Contest. However, here is a review on the Les Melies deck. Because lord of the rings had so much in the way of special effects it would be nice to know the first person to introduce special effects into movies was Georges Melies. Just a little trivia for you folks. Let me know what you guys think.

DominusDolorum

Elite Member
Jul 15, 2013
Canada
Mine camera's battery is "exhausted" (?), so I have to post this - not really professional version and not a fooler, but something that I invented. I mean - I've never seen that before, but everyone can invent that:
Don't sell yourself short. You're trying new things and expressing your creativity. No one can fault you for that :) good job man.

Don't sell yourself short. You're trying new things and expressing your creativity. No one can fault you for that :) good job man.
Dominus is exactly right! Huge props to anyone that is bold and brave enough to film themselves in a limited time space and share their creation with the world. What I love is how everyone is doing something different with a ring in this particular contest. Dean did an altered version of transit, I performed a levitating ring with a borrowed ring that can be grabbed anytime by a spectator, Dominus brought music props into his ring performance, and you thought of the idea of using a ring as a portal. This site is filled with wonderfully creative people!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results