Does anybody know of great ways to learn about presentation?

Sep 28, 2016
Hey everybody! I was wondering if anyone knew about any great online videos, YouTube videos, books, or DVDs that would help with your presentation and presence. As a young magician, this aspect is unfortunately lost a lot of the time with magicians my age. In particular, I greatly admire Justin Flom's casual approach and Justin Willman's comedic appeal. I understand you should be yourself when you perform(I perform mainly close-up) but I'd still like to learn more about refining my "story," presentation, and stage presence. Thanks!

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Acting lessons. Learn to use your voice and your body to express things.

I also strongly recommend examining every performance. Preferably by recording it and going back over it with a critical eye. Look to figure out which lines are not working out like you want, which jokes you could change around, what blocking might be better to achieve the desired effect on the audience. It isn't easy and it takes time, but it's required to really create good presentations.

Sep 28, 2016
Acting lessons. Learn to use your voice and your body to express things.

I also strongly recommend examining every performance. Preferably by recording it and going back over it with a critical eye. Look to figure out which lines are not working out like you want, which jokes you could change around, what blocking might be better to achieve the desired effect on the audience. It isn't easy and it takes time, but it's required to really create good presentations.
I'll definitely start working on that, thanks!

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results