Must Have Utility Device/Gimmicks?

Jun 13, 2013
Question: What do you consider to be a must-have gimmick and/or utility device? More specifically, a gimmick and/or utility device which is a "standard" to own and has the broadest use across multiple effects? For example: thumb tips and expanded shells.

Jul 14, 2016
Yup totally agree with the code it's pretty great but I have since thrown it into the junk drawer. The mind power deck is something I always have and perform. Only thing is that you really have to sell the effect so your presentation has to be great. I always get great reactions but it's sort of a one trick pony but don't rule it out.

Aug 19, 2016
Georgia
Mesika's Elastic. Not the Loops but the one that comes in it's own little container. The actual compartment that holds it could've been better built in my opinion, but as for the actual stuff bundled up inside... godsend.

Reactions: Mark B.(29)

JPS

Dec 21, 2016
The only gimmicks you should own in my opinion are ones that wont be a hassle to carry around with you.
Unless you need some big heavy hitters for a show you're planing to do, a few great every day gimmicks are
Odyssey (100% recommend if you're into ring magic, its not just hype)
Loops (These are a must have, you can buy the cheap asian ones off amazon or get yigal's)
The raven (If you can fit a coin vanish into you're routine, i find its a decent opener since its awkward to get ready)
An invisible deck (Just stick one in your bag as a backup trick)
Departure (Ive found its a bit loud but if that doesnt bug you its so easy to setup and carry with you)
Rising card (Depending on which gimmick you build or buy it just fits in with the rest of you're cards)

The raven is the only one out of these that is somewhat of a hassle to carry, however they're all very effective gimmicks that wont be a bother to have on you, thats why i would consider them "Must haves"

Jun 13, 2013
The only gimmicks you should own in my opinion are ones that wont be a hassle to carry around with you.
Unless you need some big heavy hitters for a show you're planing to do, a few great every day gimmicks are
Odyssey (100% recommend if you're into ring magic, its not just hype)
Loops (These are a must have, you can buy the cheap asian ones off amazon or get yigal's)
The raven (If you can fit a coin vanish into you're routine, i find its a decent opener since its awkward to get ready)
An invisible deck (Just stick one in your bag as a backup trick)
Departure (Ive found its a bit loud but if that doesnt bug you its so easy to setup and carry with you)
Rising card (Depending on which gimmick you build or buy it just fits in with the rest of you're cards)

The raven is the only one out of these that is somewhat of a hassle to carry, however they're all very effective gimmicks that wont be a bother to have on you, thats why i would consider them "Must haves"

Ha! I own Odyssey (ended up having to make my own gimmicks due to my stupid fingers), the Raven (hate it) so I use an M5 instead; I made my own Invisible Deck years ago but I'm starting to like the Brainwave Deck more; and I own Sleeper (best rising card concept I've seen). I've toyed with getting Departure, however, I do have to say that I like the construction of Ellusionist's ring to keychain gimmick better as it looks more natural. But jeez is it expensive.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Ring Flight Revolution is made by PropDog, not Ellusionist. E just sells it. They are top notch, though, and PropDog will stand behind their work, too. If there's something wrong with it, they will fix or replace it as far as I understand.

Reactions: ProAma

JPS

Dec 21, 2016
I've toyed with getting Departure, however, I do have to say that I like the construction of Ellusionist's ring to keychain gimmick better as it looks more natural. But jeez is it expensive.

If you're serious about magic, its probably worth it to get Ring flight revolution. Although departure is relatively the same thing just with a different clip

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results