What is the best marked deck?

Mar 2, 2017
There are plenty of good marked decks out there. The MINT decks by 52Kards is my favorite, but I also like the Kings by E. I've also heard great things about David Blaine's White Lions.

You could also get a reader. The Ultimate Marked deck, the Red Keepers, and the Vintage 1800's marked deck by E are all great readers, and there are plenty more out there.

There are a few decks out there that were made to function like a non-marked deck, but have a built in design that can be Marked. I can only think of David Blaine's Split Spades and Daniel Madison's Hellions (hopefully out soon) off the top of my head, but I'm sure there are many more.

However, I do think the greatest marked deck is one you make your self. You can come up with your own marking system, which is what I reccomend, or use one already made. There is the classic Bicycle Marking System, which you can find almost anywhere on the internet. However, you can buy videos/texts on marking systems other Magicians have made. The Blood Marking System by DM is a great example.
That was very helpful, Thanks.

WitchDocIsIn

Elite Member
Sep 13, 2008
Funny story, only after I bought The Code did I realize it wasn't a Rider Back deck. I didn't notice even though I handle a deck of cards literally every day. They are as close to a standard pack of Rider Backs as you can get and no one will ever EVER notice that they are Maidens.

Tangentially related (Sorry, I have no opinion on marked cards) - I was in NYC with a couple of the guys. One of them turns to me, holds out a spread and says, "Hey, take a card, just whatever appeals to you". Or something like that, something that was just a tiny bit odd to say. So I took a card and he named it without looking, no big deal. Then he goes, "Look at the back". It was a Mandolin back. He was holding a deck of Bikes. I had unconsciously taken the Mandolin backed card in the Bikes, because it was slightly different, but not enough that I consciously picked up on it.

That was the moment that I completely stopped worrying about people picking up on a seemingly blatant marking system.

Sep 20, 2016
I don't own one, but from what I understand, the DMC Elites are a great deck of marked cards. You can read it from very far away, but it is still difficult to pick up on.

Sep 13, 2014
Ultimate Marked Deck for me. Also, the Bicycle vintage marked deck that looks old and worn. I like the DMC but hate the faces of the cards.

Only because anytime I use a non bicycle deck people question it no matter what trick it is. Granted I reside in SE Asia.

Josh Burch

Elite Member
Aug 11, 2011
Utah
The best marked deck on the market (in my humble opinion) is the GPS deck. It is not as easy to use as the speed readers or the other easy to read cards but I don't know of another deck that you can know the 5th card down instantly without spreading through the deck. In fact at any moment you can basically name any card in any position without spreading through them.

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7505

Mar 2, 2016
Tangentially related (Sorry, I have no opinion on marked cards) - I was in NYC with a couple of the guys. One of them turns to me, holds out a spread and says, "Hey, take a card, just whatever appeals to you". Or something like that, something that was just a tiny bit odd to say. So I took a card and he named it without looking, no big deal. Then he goes, "Look at the back". It was a Mandolin back. He was holding a deck of Bikes. I had unconsciously taken the Mandolin backed card in the Bikes, because it was slightly different, but not enough that I consciously picked up on it.

That was the moment that I completely stopped worrying about people picking up on a seemingly blatant marking system.

That's so simple, yet so genius.

Jan 26, 2017
Virginia
I've never used it, but if your willing to pay the price, and spend the time learning to unfocus your eyes, the Juice marking system is great. Basically, you take the "Juice" formula and put it onto the card. You can then read it when you unfocus your eyes. You can make markings with it, or you can blatantly write out the initials/number of the card ("10 H", "K D", etc.) and no one would be the wiser, even under inspection. You can use it on any deck, though I recommend something like a Bee or a NOC, as they have a relatively simple and smooth pattern. Here's a link from Penguin Magic, though I haven't bought any Juice yet: http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S15190

Mar 26, 2011
Code i like it a lot i have used all kinds of marked decks. For me Code is the Deck i use it and every time it has packed a Punch

Searching...
{[{ searchResultsCount }]} Results